NO! I missed out an important detail in my english language exam!

Watch
Cyan Chocolat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In my English language exam, there was a question that asked me 'Do you agree with this statement" and I did subtly but I didn'[t actually say 'I agree'. I've written a lot for that question, and I'm worried if I've completely lost 18 marks for that section.
physconomics
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cyan Chocolat)
In my English language exam, there was a question that asked me 'Do you agree with this statement" and I did subtly but I didn'[t actually say 'I agree'. I've written a lot for that question, and I'm worried if I've completely lost 18 marks for that section.
Don't worry about it. The exams over now. Concentrate on your next ones.

In English, they don't always expect you to signpost like in History, if they see you've subtly done something they'll still award marks (depends on the marker though, I guess.) Loads of time in essays I've forgotten to say whether I agree or not, but I've still technically evaluated through the discussion in the answer and have shown it in ways I didn't even realise. It may be the same for you, depending on your writing style, of course.

Don't worry about it. You have another paper yet, if you feel it is a mistake that could cost you.
Cyan Chocolat
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by physconomics)
Don't worry about it. The exams over now. Concentrate on your next ones.

In English, they don't always expect you to signpost like in History, if they see you've subtly done something they'll still award marks (depends on the marker though, I guess.) Loads of time in essays I've forgotten to say whether I agree or not, but I've still technically evaluated through the discussion in the answer and have shown it in ways I didn't even realise. It may be the same for you, depending on your writing style, of course.

Don't worry about it. You have another paper yet, if you feel it is a mistake that could cost you.
I'm so late, but thank you. I worry too much, I got an A* in English Language Moderation (I don't know what that means) and an A in English Literature. I know you didn't ask but my mistake was somewhere along the lines of writing William Wordsworth instead of William Blake and I wrote down a paraphrased quote. Also, the grade boundaries were really low, so that would have explained a few things.
Yes, I overreacted. Looking back, I was honestly just an anxious mess wanting to get what I thought out.
Thank you so much for hearing me out .
k.n.h.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm so late, but thank you. I worry too much, I got an A* in English Language Moderation (I don't know what that means) and an A in English Literature. I know you didn't ask but my mistake was somewhere along the lines of writing William Wordsworth instead of William Blake and I wrote down a paraphrased quote. Also, the grade boundaries were really low, so that would have explained a few things.
Yes, I overreacted. Looking back, I was honestly just an anxious mess wanting to get what I thought out.
Thank you so much for hearing me out .
Congrats on those top grades! :thumbsup:
Georgia Brown
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's fine, I feel as though I have failed all of my exams.
Georgia Brown
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well done, I hope I don't completely fail my exams!

Again, well done for your amazing grades!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's worrying you most about starting back at school/college this year?

The potential for Covid to keep disrupting things (109)
14.53%
My mental health (110)
14.67%
Feeling behind academically (142)
18.93%
Making friends/social anxiety (135)
18%
How to organise myself (25)
3.33%
How to revise/study effectively (89)
11.87%
Future career, uni, pathway planning and applications (125)
16.67%
Something else - let us know in the thread (15)
2%

Watched Threads