The Student Room Group

NVQ Level 2 business admin apprenticeship or Uni??

I have two offers from Uni to study psychology and I also have an interview coming up for a Business Admin apprenticeship so I can get a NVQ Level 2 in Business Admin (leading to level 3 if successful). I'm stuck on what to do? My Uni course is for psychology but i'm worried about not getting the grades and the apprenticeship would allow me to stay in my home town and start earning money and working straight away without the debt and worry about grades. Is a NVQ level 2 business admin qualification good?? I don't want to throw away a chance of a psychology degree to work now but I don't want to spend until I'm 26/27 completing Uni degrees with no 100% final job???
Reply 1
Original post by alanah.t08
I have two offers from Uni to study psychology and I also have an interview coming up for a Business Admin apprenticeship so I can get a NVQ Level 2 in Business Admin (leading to level 3 if successful). I'm stuck on what to do? My Uni course is for psychology but i'm worried about not getting the grades and the apprenticeship would allow me to stay in my home town and start earning money and working straight away without the debt and worry about grades. Is a NVQ level 2 business admin qualification good?? I don't want to throw away a chance of a psychology degree to work now but I don't want to spend until I'm 26/27 completing Uni degrees with no 100% final job???

An NVQ Level 2 is equivalent to GCSEs. Assuming you already have A Levels or equivalent - which you must do to get into uni - the apprenticeship would be a step down for you. You're likely to find it very basic. If you really want to do a level 2 qualification in business, you can do it online for free so could do it over the summer. You wouldn't get the work experience, but volunteering during your degree would be just as good. You could do something like a secretary for a club, help with organisation side of Scouts/Brownies, volunteer as admin staff for the CAB or loads of other things.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
An NVQ Level 2 is equivalent to GCSEs. Assuming you already have A Levels or equivalent - which you must do to get into uni - the apprenticeship would be a step down for you. You're likely to find it very basic. If you really want to do a level 2 qualification in business, you can do it online for free so could do it over the summer. You wouldn't get the work experience, but volunteering during your degree would be just as good. You could do something like a secretary for a club, help with organisation side of Scouts/Brownies, volunteer as admin staff for the CAB or loads of other things.

Thank- You I didn't realise they were equivalent to GCSE's maybe I won't go for it then because it would be like stepping back. I'll look into volunteering to get the practical experience for my CV. Thanks
Reply 3
Hi could anyone help with explain the need for different types of mail services Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest