The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Foundation studies

I have applied University of Manchester Integrated foundation year and I got an offer but it says entry point 1 is that wrong? I have applied for year 0
Reply 1
Original post by alperonder
I have applied University of Manchester Integrated foundation year and I got an offer but it says entry point 1 is that wrong? I have applied for year 0

Hey, I've also applied for this course and for me it also appears entry point year 1 so I think it's normal.

Anyone else applied for Engineering with Integrated Foundation starting 2017?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I believe that entry point 1 refers to the first year of the 4 year (or 5 year for MEng/MSci) course including the foundation year.

If you're concerned feel free to contact the admissions team directly, but normally they'll make it quite clear if it's the course with foundation or not.
Reply 3
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ManchesterFreshers17/

Join if your going to manchester uni
im an ex foundation student, i set a reminder on my phone 1 year ago to do this. Does anyone have any questions?
Reply 5
Original post by ibrahimsow1
im an ex foundation student, i set a reminder on my phone 1 year ago to do this. Does anyone have any questions?

Can you pls give an overview of what alevels you did and what you got?
what you will study after foundation year ?
Best things about your year ?
Worst part ?
Teaching quality and support at manchester ?
Advice you wish you got when you joined the foundation year ?

Any final thoughts thanks :smile:
my offer letter says point of entry is 0, with a 5 year course duration for BEng :/
Maths, physics and computer science. I got. CDB but had extenuating circumstances.

Computer science.

The year is like a marathon you don't have too work too hard but you have to keep up, it's a double edged sword. Cannot emphasise how important staying on top of it is.

Teaching quality varies for lecturer to lecturer you'll have about 6 - 8 throughout the year some are excellent, some you can barely understand. Foundation years has more support material and resources than most other subjects at the uni. So a lot, also regular workshops and staff that listen to personal issues.

All the advice I got at the start of the year is advice you'll get within your first month. Just listen and don't party too much. Especially the day before a 9am lecture, which I had about 3 of a week.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ibrahimsow1
Maths, physics and computer science. I got. CDB but had extenuating circumstances.

Computer science.

The year is like a marathon you don't have too work too hard but you have to keep up, it's a double edged sword. Cannot emphasise how important staying on top of it is.

Teaching quality varies for lecturer to lecturer you'll have about 6 - 8 throughout the year some are excellent, some you can barely understand. Foundation years has more support material and resources than most other subjects at the uni. So a lot, also regular workshops and staff that listen to personal issues.

All the advice I got at the start of the year is advice you'll get within your first month. Just listen and don't party too much. Especially the day before a 9am lecture, which I had about 3 of a week.

Didn't you do the foundation year at Xavarian College? If so, what was it like and how much time did you spend at the actual uni?
Reply 9
Original post by darshiz
Hey, I've also applied for this course and for me it also appears entry point year 1 so I think it's normal.

Anyone else applied for Engineering with Integrated Foundation starting 2017?

Me! What kind of engineering are you looking to do? Also have you received an 'activation email'?? (and if so when?) :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by hnk_26
Me! What kind of engineering are you looking to do? Also have you received an 'activation email'?? (and if so when?) :smile:

I will be doing Mechanical Engineering later, yes I have received an activation email, soon after my offer turned to unconditional. Give me your Facebook name, I will add you on the group chat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending