The Student Room Group

Studying in Seoul?

Hello everybody,

I know five languages and I am currently learning a sixth, Japanese. I want to continue studying Japanese as a second language but also take Hangul at a South Korean University. It's a perfect place to learn both because Japanese is offered as a second language there due to the proximity of the two countries. Plus I want to get that international student experience and I know a couple of friends in Seoul as well.

So first of all, can you recommend GOOD universities or colleges in Seoul or South Korea in general that offer courses in English and let you learn Korean at the same time? I am studying Literature and Journalism currently. I would like to go for four years, NOT TWO! (D4 visa I think?)

I already did research on Yonsei and Seoul National University but since the chances of getting into those universities are slim (my gpa currently is a 4.0 so it's not IMPOSSIBLE exactly...but still slim), I want to look for backup plans in South Korea.

Also, I am a student from New York about to go into my second year of college. I want to TRANSFER into a Korean University for Literature. OR I could switch to a FOREIGN LANGUAGES MAJOR LOL That would be fine by me still.

Can you tell me if four year colleges or universities accept transfer students?

Also, can you tell me cheap living accommodations that best fit university students? For example, I learned that there are boarding houses, dormitories, guest villas, flats, studios, etc. Please tell me a bit more about the costs of living there.

How much is the living cost there for uni students?
Hi there. This thread was in the International section of News and current affairs, so I've moved it to International Study. Hopefully there will be people there who can help.

Quick bump to move you up the forum! :bump:

Quick Reply

Latest