CfE Higher Business Management 2017/18 Watch

ScotStudent899
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
CfE HIGHER BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 2017/18

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Higher Business Management thread. This is a thread for those who are studying Higher Business Management for the term of 2017/18. You are welcomed to use this thread to discuss and ask questions on different aspects of the course and also suggest difference resources. Anyone who had previously studied the course would also be more than welcome to provide any help or advice as well as sharing their experience of the subject as a whole.

So who's studying this course this year?
_John6478
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm studying Higher BM this year but I'm crashing it! Hopefully it won't be too bad. Has anyone previously crashed it or going to crash it this year?
Lana.donelly1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm crashing BM this year as well and really struggling with how to answer the questions in past papers, and also how to revise. Anyone have any advice?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ScotStudent899)
CfE HIGHER BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 2017/18

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Higher Business Management thread. This is a thread for those who are studying Higher Business Management for the term of 2017/18. You are welcomed to use this thread to discuss and ask questions on different aspects of the course and also suggest difference resources. Anyone who had previously studied the course would also be more than welcome to provide any help or advice as well as sharing their experience of the subject as a whole.

So who's studying this course this year?
(Original post by _John6478)
I'm studying Higher BM this year but I'm crashing it! Hopefully it won't be too bad. Has anyone previously crashed it or going to crash it this year?
(Original post by Lana.donelly1)
I'm crashing BM this year as well and really struggling with how to answer the questions in past papers, and also how to revise. Anyone have any advice?
Hope you are all finding the course okay How is exam prep going?
Piplup7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m also crashing Higher Business Management and I’m actually finding it easy at the moment. I think if you remember the content in each unit as well as having some common sense about business (to some extent) then you should be fine!

I find doing spider diagrams for Business Management (about the types of businesses, methods of production etc) really useful as well as typically revising my class notes that my teacher provided (and of course doing past papers!)

Good luck to everyone doing Higher Business Management when the exam comes and I hope you all do well! 😊
Katrinaxoxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi regarding assignment which was sent off month ago, I forgot to add last 2 pages of appendixes, should I contact sqa all my teacher said was “oh well it’s too late” the day after she submitted them... how badly penalised will I be
ZARTA_22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How's everyone feeling about tomorrow? There's SO MUCH to remember, I'm literally going to having to cram all day!!
sjb04
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So stressed!! Any predictions of what's going to to come up?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All the best for the exam tomorrow everyone!
_John6478
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So, how did everyone find that? Thought is was a pretty fair paper tbh, only a couple of tricky questions.
s.salihxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So, how did everyone find that? Thought is was a pretty fair paper tbh, only a couple of tricky questions.
It was so good I expected it to be really hard. I missed out one question but I think I did good
Katrinaxoxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree! Fair paper the public relation question was a bit tricky for me and there was a couple more I was unsure of..
Harman_25
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Yeah it was good paper... but there wasn’t any conflict in the case study so I just mentioned that conflict can happen between suppliers etc.. what did you mentioned ?
s.salihxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Harman_25)
Yeah it was good paper... but there wasn’t any conflict in the case study so I just mentioned that conflict can happen between suppliers etc.. what did you mentioned ?
I mentioned manager and employee and supplier and manager and customer and employee. I think it was a 5 marker or 6 I’m not sure and I also mentioned NHS and Managment
Harman_25
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s.salihxo)
I mentioned manager and employee and supplier and manager and customer and employee. I think it was a 5 marker or 6 I’m not sure and I also mentioned NHS and Managment

Yep... did the exact same as you did
I think mostly that’s the answer everyone predicted to be so we’ll on the safe side for that ... it was 4 marks
_John6478
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really started to doubt myself as I couldn’t find any conflict, then realised that it was just the SQA being stupid again, so I wrote about the potential conflict with the NHS and then just talked about standard conflicts between owners and employees, suppliers etc.
Harman_25
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really started to doubt myself as I couldn’t find any conflict, then realised that it was just the SQA being stupid again, so I wrote about the potential conflict with the NHS and then just talked about standard conflicts between owners and employees, suppliers etc.

True ! SQA always present at least one question which either doesn’t make sence or either we all start to think that did we really revice for this
s.salihxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
True ! SQA always present at least one question which either doesn’t make sence or either we all start to think that did we really revice for this
What did you guys write for the public relations one. That was such a good question since my whole assignment was based on public relations.

I wrote about how they deal with bad publicity

They use celebrity endorsement to advertise the organisation
Harman_25
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s.salihxo)
What did you guys write for the public relations one. That was such a good question since my whole assignment was based on public relations.

I wrote about how they deal with bad publicity

They use celebrity endorsement to advertise the organisation

Yes, your answer is correct I just checked in my book and it’s all about bad publicity and how business should deal it! It was a 3 mark question I think I got it wrong as I wrote about mangers and owners TREATING their employees and how they should have a good relation with each other !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (158)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (529)
59.37%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed