The Student Room Group

Student loan/rent help?

ok so to break this down:
i found out my first instalment for my rent is due 13th september. my actual loan doesn't come until the 25th. i emailed the accommodation service asking for an amendment, which they allowed: i pay £250 on the 13th, then the remaining on the 25th when my loan is due. however i have been told that the loan can come any time up to three or four days from the payment date; what do i do if my loan doesn't come in time for my rent payment? i have the same issue with the other two rent payments/loan dates - do i email student finance? what should i do? please help! thank you !
Original post by eggbean
ok so to break this down:
i found out my first instalment for my rent is due 13th september. my actual loan doesn't come until the 25th. i emailed the accommodation service asking for an amendment, which they allowed: i pay £250 on the 13th, then the remaining on the 25th when my loan is due. however i have been told that the loan can come any time up to three or four days from the payment date; what do i do if my loan doesn't come in time for my rent payment? i have the same issue with the other two rent payments/loan dates - do i email student finance? what should i do? please help! thank you !

student finance won't pay your earlier, i would speak to the accomodation show them your entitlement and see if you can negotiate different payment dates
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
student finance won't pay your earlier, i would speak to the accomodation show them your entitlement and see if you can negotiate different payment dates

i mentioned it in the email i sent, but they just told me i the rent payments are on or a day after the loan instalments, so idk :frown: i heard an overdraft helps ?
Original post by eggbean
i mentioned it in the email i sent, but they just told me i the rent payments are on or a day after the loan instalments, so idk :frown: i heard an overdraft helps ?

it seems they have their info wrong on when payments are, sending your entitlement letter might help them budge. You could get an overdraft but some banks won't approve the higher amounts in the first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending