What are your opinions on Muhammad Ali and Malcolm X? Watch

Junaid12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was watching a documentary on the life of Ali after his death and it seemed like he was very loud about his beliefs. Malcolm X seemed intelligent. What are your opinions on them? Would love to know
username2981082
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Junaid12)
I was watching a documentary on the life of Ali after his death and it seemed like he was very loud about his beliefs. Malcolm X seemed intelligent. What are your opinions on them? Would love to know
I believe Malcolm X was a good man but was very naive. He wanted African-Americans to feel proud of their blackness but he also blindly followed Elijah Muhammad until he could no longer ignore his corruption. He definitely deserves as much recognition as MLK. MLK was a hero to middle class southern black Americans. Malcolm was a hero to the blacks that were stuck in the northern ghettos.
Wikia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Both lived in a society where oppression of their race was high, and both believed in real justice; they were the strongest of all the civil rights campaigners in my opinion. They were the first to speak up against those who were racially abusing them with hard facts, although people call X aggressive he never, never advocated aggression, only self-defence.

Both were great people and did a lot for civil rights, Malcolm more than Ali; especially when meeting with leaders such as Castro (showing the president the threat at the time.)
Junaid12
Rep:
?
(Original post by constantine2016)
I believe Malcolm X was a good man but was very naive. He wanted African-Americans to feel proud of their blackness but he also blindly followed Elijah Muhammad until he could no longer ignore his corruption. He definitely deserves as much recognition as MLK. MLK was a hero to middle class southern black Americans. Malcolm was a hero to the blacks that were stuck in the northern ghettos.
Couldn't have put it better myself. Unfortunately he was killed way to early as was Martin. They were hard times in America by the sounds of it
Junaid12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wikia)
Both lived in a society where oppression of their race was high, and both believed in real justice; they were the strongest of all the civil rights campaigners in my opinion. They were the first to speak up against those who were racially abusing them with hard facts, although people call X aggressive he never, never advocated aggression, only self-defence.

Both were great people and did a lot for civil rights, Malcolm more than Ali; especially when meeting with leaders such as Castro (showing the president the threat at the time.)
Totally agree. Malcolm did alot, I don't know everything he did but by the sounds of it he really was influential and I can see why people looked up to him at the time.
username3016746
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nelson Mandela bests em all, he was a real G

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (81)
36.99%
I really love the subject (57)
26.03%
I don't know what else to do (29)
13.24%
I can't get a job (15)
6.85%
My parents want me to (5)
2.28%