The Student Room Group

University has turned heating off for the "summer"

My university has shut off access to the radiators. I have only begun to notice this after the cold weather arrived. It's 11c right now and fairly gusty so my room is freezing. I have asked around and apparently they shut it off after the temperature exceeds 19c for a certain period of time.

I have sent an email to the Accomodation office about this but I suspect they will just ignore it. I've got another while before I go home and I want to be able to cope. Is there anything I can do about this in this weather? With the amount of money I pay I think is controlling and unacceptable, but I can't force them to turn it back on.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Frostyjoe
My university has shut off access to the radiators. I have only begun to notice this after the cold weather arrived. It's 11c right now and fairly gusty so my room is freezing. I have asked around and apparently they shut it off after the temperature exceeds 19c for a certain period of time.

I have sent an email to the Accomodation office about this but I suspect they will just ignore it. I've got another while before I go home and I want to be able to cope. Is there anything I can do about this in this weather? With the amount of money I pay I think is controlling and unacceptable, but I can't force them to turn it back on.

Ah that's annoying,
My uni did this but they had the decency to switch it on during cold spells...

I would suggest in the meantime, wearing warm clothes and also a hot water bottle is really useful!
Reply 2
Yeah I contacted them. They said they'd send someone round but they didn't.

The Maintenance at this university is annoying. They only do things when they feel like it.
Original post by Frostyjoe
Yeah I contacted them. They said they'd send someone round but they didn't.

The Maintenance at this university is annoying. They only do things when they feel like it.

Where's your uni?

Unless you live up north or in Wales, I doubt it's "freezing"!

Tbf this week has been awful. But next week it's gonna be quite warm. So you can suck it up for a few extra days I'm sure!

Have a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate, or horlix in bed and that should keep you warm!
Reply 4
South England. Tbh it's not even the heat. I have nothing to dry my clothes on.
a lot of peopl in my halls got small poratabel heaters from Asda look for one of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending