A Level Sociology: Education (AQA) Revision Tips Watch

iram_b
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If you're doing the sociology paper this Thursday (Education unit) can you guess any potential questions that can come up. Also what theory and methods questions do you think will come up. Do you also have any general tips and advice?
Cashyj244
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi ! I heard that ethnicity hasn't come up in a while, so that could be in there (which would be a nice essay to get I think). I also believe you are likely to get a question on structured interviews, unstructured interviews, or questionnaires because they are the most relevant when studying education! That's what I'm telling myself anyway. The only tips I could give you is to basically make quizzes and get someone to ask you them over and over again, this can really help remember the sociologists. Condense your notes down to one sentence per topic and include all the keywords. When you're doing your essay on methods in context remember to include classrooms, pupils, teachers and school system and how they affect the research. Goodluck!
iram_b
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Cashyj244)
Hi ! I heard that ethnicity hasn't come up in a while, so that could be in there (which would be a nice essay to get I think). I also believe you are likely to get a question on structured interviews, unstructured interviews, or questionnaires because they are the most relevant when studying education! That's what I'm telling myself anyway. The only tips I could give you is to basically make quizzes and get someone to ask you them over and over again, this can really help remember the sociologists. Condense your notes down to one sentence per topic and include all the keywords. When you're doing your essay on methods in context remember to include classrooms, pupils, teachers and school system and how they affect the research. Goodluck!
Thanks these seem like really good tips and advice! Also you know the 10 marker for theory and methods what do you potentially think could come up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed