The Student Room Group

WJEC English language GCSE exam (legacy) (A*-G) 06.06.17

I have not been able to find any threads regarding the 'WJEC English language GCSE exam (legacy) (A*-G) that I took yesterday (06.06.17).

I would like to discuss this exam, both reading and writing parts.

If anyone has only unofficial mark scheme or just wants to discuss the exam, how easy/hard they found it, please do so below 😀
I also took the english exam on the sixth of june but i sat the new reformed GCSE. To be honest i found the paper was alright and didn't find the questions were too difficult apart from the synthesise question. I really liked the proof reading question on my paper because i found the errors were quite easily identifiable. I realise this isn't really help to you since you sat the legacy exam sorry!
For the first question I wrote shes caring, she loves pets (cant remember the rest)
Reply 3
Original post by zainabxxo
For the first question I wrote shes caring, she loves pets (cant remember the rest)

Thanks for your reply. I actually did the Higher paper and the reading paper in my exam was about the benefits of competitive sport with an article by David Beckham and how he feels about being a "Touchline Dad."

I'm hoping I've done enough to get the A grade I've been aiming for.
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi I did this paper and ran out of time at the end of the first paper :frown: but the second paper was okay.
Reply 5
Original post by Elizabeth00
Hi I did this paper and ran out of time at the end of the first paper :frown: but the second paper was okay.

Being dyslexic I get an extra 25% time, I used every minute but finished all the questions.

Reading I had about 5 mins left even after checking through.

I think I have about 85-95% in the first paper and 75-85% in the second. My course work averaged at slightly over 80% so I need about 80% in the exam to get the A I'm aiming for.

Did you answer all the questions on paper one, how far did you get?
Original post by bigoliver
Being dyslexic I get an extra 25% time, I used every minute but finished all the questions.

Reading I had about 5 mins left even after checking through.

I think I have about 85-95% in the first paper and 75-85% in the second. My course work averaged at slightly over 80% so I need about 80% in the exam to get the A I'm aiming for.

Did you answer all the questions on paper one, how far did you get?

i got an A* In my coursework so Idk how much I need for an a tbh.

I did 3 questions out of 4
Reply 7
Original post by Elizabeth00
i got an A* In my coursework so Idk how much I need for an a tbh.

I did 3 questions out of 4

For an A*: depending how many points you scored in your coursework, and what level the boundary will be set this year, you would probably need at least need 32+/40 on each paper.
If you only did 3/4 questions (75%) of paper one, then you'll have a maximum of 30 points in the first paper and need at least 34+/40 in the second.

For an A: you'll probably need 80% overall, so about 28+/40 (70%+) and your coursework would hopefully bring you up to the roughly 80% you'd need for an A.

The above are just my guestimates; I hope you have done well and are still able to gain an A* despite running out of time.

Quick Reply

Latest