Sociology easier than psychology? Watch

Caitlinannette2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm at the end of my first year of a-levels and I studying psychology a-level, BTEC Law and BTEC Business. I have come to the conclusion that psychology is just way to hard for me. In my mock which I though i did good in I got a U. I've never achieved higher than an E. I know It's too hard for me, there's too much to remember and the structure of the answers are just too confusing. I will be dropping psychology hopefully. I was wondering if anyone knows how sociology is, I'm aware that it's more essay based which I'm completely fine with as I have to write essays for my BTEC and I get distinctions even though people will moan that BTEC's are easier and not an actual a-level.

I will have to do 2 years in one though so both AS +A2 in my second year. Is this possible or should I just pick up another BTEC
rs1999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do one BTEC and two a levels one being sociology, I'd say sociology is not too hard to understand as long as you can learn some theorists and apply them in the right areas, it seems to be fine. I'd say sociology and psychology are similar however sociology is more based on groups of people rather than individuals, and it is more political than science-y. Hope this helps in some way
Richard0328
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
a lot of it depends on your own interests. i have sailed through psychology and done well, normally ahead of everyone else in my class. i do enjoy the subject though and i will be spending the next 4 years studying psychology at uni.

sociology is my worst subject though and tomorrow i will have to remediate my final essay to pass my course. my future hangs on this essay and i have no interest in it at all.

i would suggest doing a little reading as preparation to see how you get on with it
Abz_bee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I would say that AQA sociology is definitely easier than both AQA and OCR psychology. I have done the AS and A2 AQA sociology course, the AS AQA psychology course and AS and A2 OCR psychology and have found that sociology is a lot easier (to me). Definitely helps if you're politically-savvy, and are interested in society. It's much more theory based than psychology, however depending on the exam board, you will need know fewer studies for sociology than AQA psych however more than if you are doing OCR psych. If essay writing isn't your strong point however, I would suggest you avoid sociology as it heavily relies on essay writing skills. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.13%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.71%

Watched Threads