Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have messed up a whole year due to personal probs at home. i got B,D,U,U in my AS levels in eng lit, hist, bio, chem respectively. i have to go to college on thursday and discuss my options. I'm thinking of dropping chem and bio altogether and carrying on eng lit and hist to A2 although i'l hav 2 retake at least one hist paper to boost my grade. i know most people do 3 A2s but i was thinkin of picking up 2 A2's in psychology and philosophy so dat it kinda makes up for a 3rd A2 dat i wont b doing. Also it'l get me mor UCAS points and for the course i want to do (teaching) i need a minimum of 180 ucas points from 2 A levels. do you think my college will let me do this? :confused: please help, i posted this an hour ago and no1 has replied

ReputationRep:
    My mate had a similar problem, she failed 2 of her AS's, so instead of taking a 3rd year in college, you can do RS for one year (which is equivelant to 2 years work an Alevel). But you will then do 6 exams, but RS was easy, she came out with an A in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    you can do RS for one year (which is equivelant to 2 years work an Alevel). But you will then do 6 exams, but RS was easy, she came out with an A in it.
    my college doesn't do RS though anyone else in this situation?
    Also, do universities look at GCSE grades? are there any UCAS points for GCSE grades or does it just depend on A/AS levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria D)
    i have messed up a whole year due to personal probs at home. i got B,D,U,U in my AS levels in eng lit, hist, bio, chem respectively. i have to go to college on thursday and discuss my options. I'm thinking of dropping chem and bio altogether and carrying on eng lit and hist to A2 although i'l hav 2 retake at least one hist paper to boost my grade. i know most people do 3 A2s but i was thinkin of picking up 2 A2's in psychology and philosophy so dat it kinda makes up for a 3rd A2 dat i wont b doing. Also it'l get me mor UCAS points and for the course i want to do (teaching) i need a minimum of 180 ucas points from 2 A levels. do you think my college will let me do this? :confused: please help, i posted this an hour ago and no1 has replied
    HOLY ****!... no wonder the quality of teachers is declining... why don't you do a GNVQ, seems to me you are not cut out for A-levels or Uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    why don't you do a GNVQ, seems to me you are not cut out for A-levels or Uni...
    All my college offer is a GNVQ in business and i don't really want to do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria D)
    All my college offer is a GNVQ in business and i don't really want to do that
    Try colleges near you, i'm sure they would offer you a great choice...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.