The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

How lenient is Southampton's Law School?

(edited 5 years ago)
HeyYour circumstances are exactly similar to mine. I too have applied for Law in Southampton this year. I also had an anxiety attack in the exam for the subject I was predicted an A in and didnt perform to my best ability.(I think I cried throughout the entire exam). This has worried me my entire summer so I emailed Southampton and they said that there is 'wriggle' room on results day and they are willing to accept AAB/ABB, which put me at a slight ease.So don't worry, hopefully we have both got in.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by megan_el_g
Hi guys, quick question.

I have a conditional offer for LLB Bachelor of Law, needing to achieve an AAA to get in.

However, my predicted grades are AAB and I believe my final grades will realistically be around AAB/ABB.

This is because, due to extenuating circumstances that the university are aware of, I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder early in my AS year and, in my exam on Monday that I was predicted an A for in the subject, I had an anxiety attack and lost concentration for around 1/4 of my exam. This meant that I missed out on writing things that I wanted to add to ensure a better grade.

Now, I know that long-term conditions do not count as sufficient mitigating circumstances but, as the long-term condition stemmed from acute family problems that have progressed into this year, how lenient is Southampton in accepting students with grades lower than the conditional offer?

I have been very dedicated to get into Southampton with all the work I have put into my a levels despite many issues at home, it would be so saddening that an unexpected mishap could prevent me from getting in.

I'd be very grateful for a response, thanks.

Hey! I am a graduating law student who now works in the Students' Union. They should be pretty lenient given your extenuating circumstances. If you ring up on the day if you haven't got in, they may be able to accommodate you.

Once you're here, keep an eye out for SUSU for all societies, sports and academic representation!

Arun - Vice President of Student Communities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending