Does anyone else really dislike dogs?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Truflais
Badges: 20
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've never had a dog but I've been spending more time around one recently and I've realised how I CANNOT STAND THEM. Everyone I meet seems to love dogs and think they can do no wrong but everything about them annoys me now. Does anyone else feel the same?

Yeah they can be cute n all but it's just not enough to outweigh the annoying things about them. I'm definitely not a dog person.
Kraggor
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
I've never had a dog but I've been spending more time around one recently and I've realised how I CANNOT STAND THEM. Everyone I meet seems to love dogs and think they can do no wrong but everything about them annoys me now. Does anyone else feel the same?

Yeah they can be cute n all but it's just not enough to outweigh the annoying things about them. I'm definitely not a dog person.
What specific things do you find annoying about them?

Like my dog is super smart but also an absolute cunning menace but that's what makes her so loveable and interesting. I wouldn't want her to be boring and uniteractive. Annoying is good sometimes

But, tbh when we didn't own a dog, I use to be terrified of them even my own cousins dogs and all. But, then I lost that fear and just had no interest but when we went to go and look at ours in her litter OMGGGG I fell in love xD <3

But, everyone's opinion to their own
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Same, but replace 'dog' with 'human'

Posted from TSR Mobile
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
dog owners tend to be a bit weird :dontknow:
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

No, but I'm deeply suspicious of people who don't like dogs.
So Instinct
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
People who dislike dogs are shady af
So Instinct
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kyx)
Same, but replace 'dog' with 'human'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay buddy
Truflais
(Original post by Kraggor)
What specific things do you find annoying about them?

Like my dog is super smart but also an absolute cunning menace but that's what makes her so loveable and interesting. I wouldn't want her to be boring and uniteractive. Annoying is good sometimes

But, tbh when we didn't own a dog, I use to be terrified of them even my own cousins dogs and all. But, then I lost that fear and just had no interest but when we went to go and look at ours in her litter OMGGGG I fell in love xD <3

But, everyone's opinion to their own
Maybe it's just the one I'm around a fair bit but:

Constantly needing attention
Clingy
Constantly begging for food despite being well fed
Jumps all over anyone
Wants to lick your face constantly
Barks
Non stop energy
Wrecks shoes and remote controls etc etc

Just to name a few. I'm really just not a dog person I've realised.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Clingy
Jumps all over anyone
Barks
Non stop energy

You could be talking about a toddler, there.
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
GIRL yes. Absolutely despise those goofy little...
username2752874
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Inb4 Asians get thrown in
AndrewSCO
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
This thread saddens me
Rum Ham
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I don't dislike dogs but I am very wary of them, despite growing up around dogs and having some as pets. If a dog comes near me in the street, I'll run away or hide behind someone but if a cat came up to me, I'd happily pet them. I've never been bitten by a dog but all my family have and the dogs ice had, as much as I loved them, they could be quite snappy at times, whereas my cats have never snapped at me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Djerun
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Dogs love their owners unconditionally, and their loyalty to their owners is incredible. There are numerous cases of dogs defending their owners from other animal and humans, with larger dogs such as Caucasian Ovcharkas, Rotties and German Shepards delivering brutal punishment to those who would think to harm their owners. Dogs are used in police work for detecting drugs, bombs, humans, bodies and apprehending criminals. Even smaller dogs such as Jack Russel Terriers and Daschunds will try their best to protect you, despite being fearful of anything that attacks their owner. Dogs have protected and hunted with humans for thousands of years, and their loyalty is why we love them so much today. They are not just for cuteness.
Kraggor
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

Clingy
Jumps all over anyone
Barks
Non stop energy

OMG haha thats all the things I love <3 xD perhaps not constantly barking though but yessss all the other things are great! But each to their own
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I love dogs, as long as they aren't a squashed face mutated monster that is only bread for supposed aesthetics which completely disregards the health and wellbeing of the animals.

Looking at you pug owners :eyeball:
faloodeh
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I love dogs, specifically sAUSAGE DOGS
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago

I dislike them to an extent. Majority of the people I tell to, who all like dogs end up taking it out of context and assuming I'm a despicable person.
Truflais
(Original post by Reality Check)
No, but I'm deeply suspicious of people who don't like dogs.
(Original post by So Instinct)
People who dislike dogs are shady af
I think people who hate them or want to harm them are horrible, obviously. People are allowed their opinions though. I just find dogs annoying so I'd never get one personally. I love cats but I'm not 'deeply suspicious' of those who don't like them.
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Meany Pie)
I love dogs, as long as they aren't a squashed face mutated monster that is only bread for supposed aesthetics which completely disregards the health and wellbeing of the animals.

Looking at you pug owners :eyeball:
Exactly. I hate the Kennel Club with a passion - bunch of twinset and pearls idiots.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (68)
16.19%
The paper was reasonable (205)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (102)
24.29%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
10.71%

Watched Threads