The Student Room Group

So is it possible to take S2, do bad in S1, but do another module?

I'm doing Further Maths, comepletely flopped todays S1 and want to know if i can possibly take another module to disregard that S1 paper.

So this was the plan: [C1, C2, S1] + [FP1, S2, D1] then [C3, C4, M1] + [FP2, FP3, M2]

However could I take D2, M3 or S3 ontop of the second year exams. Because trust me I hate S1 and don't really want to retake it (but S2 is fine as too the others are fine)

I want to at least get A* Maths, A Further Maths
Reply 1
Original post by Uzui21
I'm doing Further Maths, comepletely flopped todays S1 and want to know if i can possibly take another module to disregard that S1 paper.

So this was the plan: [C1, C2, S1] + [FP1, S2, D1] then [C3, C4, M1] + [FP2, FP3, M2]

However could I take D2, M3 or S3 ontop of the second year exams. Because trust me I hate S1 and don't really want to retake it (but S2 is fine as too the others are fine)

I want to at least get A* Maths, A Further Maths

How bad did you do? I dont think its necessary for you to do an extra module, especially because that could mean you're compromising on other harder modules.

Also im pretty sure those modules are much harder than S1
Reply 2
Original post by trooper3
How bad did you do? I dont think its necessary for you to do an extra module, especially because that could mean you're compromising on other harder modules.

Also im pretty sure those modules are much harder than S1

I likely got 40-44/75. Chapter 5 probability in S1 is what I'm absolutely terrible at. No Stem & leaf diagrams or Box plots came up, I completely skipped question 4 etc... I'm much better at Mechanics and especially Decision maths in comparrison to Statistics. (S1 mocks I was averaging high B low A, but S2 I'm averaging high A to A*)

Quick Reply

Latest