The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 7th of June 2017 - Unofficial Markscheme/Answers (with paper to follow)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Turtlebunny
Here are my answers to Edexcel June 2017 if my memory serves me correctly.
(If there are any mistakes please point them out)

Attachment not found

I personally think it was a very reasonable paper with the grade boundaries being on the high end. I would expect at least 69, possibly 70 for an A*. There was nothing too out of the box on this paper that hasn't come up previously.
In a couple of days I will also be posting the full paper/worked solutions if I get time.

Good luck for all the rest of your maths exams :smile:

how many marks was 1 c ?
Original post by AlainaJayde
how many marks was 1 c ?

3 marks
If for the very last question I put two answers, a=0, b=7/6, c=5/6, and a=0, b= -7/6, c=5/6, will I lose marks?
Yeah I also got 4/3, I just made a mistake when writing these out. I've changed it now, thank you

After getting it in the correct form I integrated e^tanx. Therefore my integrating factor was secx (or 1/cosx)

Probably 1 or 2 marks, not too sure.

I think it was π/4.

Omg sinx/cosx= tanx not cotx and so i integrated cotx😒😐😣😭, and assuming i did everything else right how many marks will i have lost?
How many marks was 3? I stupidly read it as z^3 = 32 + 32iroot(3), not z^3 + 32 + 32iroot3 = 0
🙈🙈🙈
for 5a, isnt the B term Bxe^(2x)?
Original post by mathsdaddy123
for 5a, isnt the B term Bxe^(2x)?

I don't think so, where did your x come from?
I don't think so, where did your x come from?

Ahhh I've just realised my mistake, i got the the complimentary function/auxiliary function (can never remember its name), as m^2 -2m = 0, I took that as m = 2, when really m = 0, 2. How many marks do you reckon that will have lost me?
Original post by mathsdaddy123
Ahhh I've just realised my mistake, i got the the complimentary function/auxiliary function (can never remember its name), as m^2 -2m = 0, I took that as m = 2, when really m = 0, 2. How many marks do you reckon that will have lost me?

Ah yes, that makes sense. There were two distinct solutions m=0 and m=2 as you say. I'm not sure how they'll award marks when you carry forward the error, so I'm not too sure - might be worth looking in some previous markschemes if you're still curious
how many marks was q5
Ah yes, that makes sense. There were two distinct solutions m=0 and m=2 as you say. I'm not sure how they'll award marks when you carry forward the error, so I'm not too sure - might be worth looking in some previous markschemes if you're still curious

How many marks was parts a and b of q7
for question five my final was off by a factor of -2. how many marks would i lose for the entire question?
Hey guys, how many marks was q4? :smile:

I've messed up massively, I got dy/dx wrong so the rest was all wrong too obviously. Also, I seem to remember getting 3/4 instead of 1/2 on 7c. Not to mention I forgot to change the signs from less than or equal to, to just less than. :frown:((( Praying I'll make up for it in M2!
Original post by anuraj
What was the value they asked you to sub in for 7b btw?

What question?
Pi/6
Ln(3/2)
For q2, why are some of the inequality signs only less than and not less than or equal to?
Reply 35
Original post by Lucymariexoxo
What question?
Pi/6
Ln(3/2)

Ahh thanks, I did pi/3 on accident
Reply 36
for the second order, i managed to get A+Be^2x but whn it cam to the trig values i messed up. I differentiated the trig functions correctly but when placing them back in to the second order i did (second derivative) - (first derivative) forgetting the 2. I was wondering how this would impact me as i did get everything else in the test correct. I also carried on to b with this incorrect equation.
Original post by RachJess4
For q2, why are some of the inequality signs only less than and not less than or equal to?

In both fractions, there was an (x+2) term on the bottom, and on one of the fractions, there was an x term on the bottom, so x cannot equal -2 or 0, as this causes division by zero.
Reply 38
For question 4, the ln(1/1-2x) question, i got the exact same answer for part a and b but everything was a minus... and becuase i knew it couldn't be minus and just made it positive for part b.... how many marks do you think i lost?
What was q5 out of?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending