The Student Room Group

Wonder women is overrated (no spoiler)

I watched both WW and Pirates of the Caribbean and i would say PoTC is sooooooooooo much better.

I would say

WW 5.5/10
PoTC 8.5/10

TBH i didnt really rate batman vs superman highly either. I just have a feeling that the DC series will not be as good as the marvel superhero series.

Also i didnt like how they vilify germany as the 'bad guys' in WWI.

im just saying if you have to choose in between these 2 movies on a date PoTC will give you your money's worth.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Wonder Woman is great
Reply 2
What I disliked is that the movie was quite predictable. It also had a very common theme. I can swear that I've seen a similar movie in the past.
I haven't seen it yet but DC needs a massive overhaul.

What makes the Marvel stuff so good is that it all links together (don't mention X Men), But DC is all over the shop, they need to sit down and rethink.
Original post by Meany Pie

What makes the Marvel stuff so good is that it all links together (don't mention X Men), But DC is all over the shop, they need to sit down and rethink.

I haven't seen it yet as well but i generally enjoyed DC comics more than Marvel comics because of its lack of interconnectivity :tongue: I like how it is "all over the shop" :lol:
I'm not a massive fan of DC, I liked the Flash TV series but the films aren't that interesting. Wonder Woman was awesome though. PotC should have quit years ago, it's so tired now. No competition here.

Rotten Tomatoes has WW on 93%/93% and PotC at 29%/70% (critics/audience)

They already have rethought it. They've changed up their schedule and changed a lot of personnel, adding some great directors in. Got Matt Reeves on The Batman, Joss Whedon on Batgirl and reports of Robert Zemeckis joining The Flash and Mel Gibson on Suicide Squad 2. With James Wan already on Aquaman and Patty Jenkins returning for WW2.

Justice League will probably be Snyder's last film in the universe and after that the movies look in great hands. JL is the only film I'm worried about just now, after that I think Aquaman is going to be great and if all those directors get added I have no fears over the universe.
Original post by AmeliaLost
I'm not a massive fan of DC, I liked the Flash TV series but the films aren't that interesting. Wonder Woman was awesome though. PotC should have quit years ago, it's so tired now. No competition here.

Rotten Tomatoes has WW on 93%/93% and PotC at 29%/70% (critics/audience)

wtf
Original post by wolfmoon88
I haven't seen it yet as well but i generally enjoyed DC comics more than Marvel comics because of its lack of interconnectivity :tongue: I like how it is "all over the shop" :lol:

Don't you find it a little odd when you have 2 different people playing The Flash at the same time?
Original post by esrever
What I disliked is that the movie was quite predictable. It also had a very common theme. I can swear that I've seen a similar movie in the past.

I thought it was too predictable as well. You could tell for pretty much the whole movie what was going to happen. It only really had one twist in it which was towards the end.
Don't you find it a little odd when you have 2 different people playing The Flash at the same time?

Different universes (multiverses) in both Marvel and DC are confusing enough so 2 different people playing The Flash at the same time doesn't phase me that much :lol:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Different universes (multiverses) in both Marvel and DC are confusing enough so 2 different people playing The Flash at the same time doesn't phase me that much :lol:

i am still confused about how are there 2 deadpools, 1 with mouth sealed and 1 with his red costume.
Original post by AndrewSCO
Wonder Woman is great

you havent watch PoTC
Original post by HucktheForde
i am still confused about how are there 2 deadpools, 1 with mouth sealed and 1 with his red costume.

I am not that familiar with Marvel tbh but is it because they are each in a different universe?
The very fact that some idiot legitimately thought Batman vs Superman is a legitimate grounds for a movie ruins all of DC for me
Original post by AndrewSCO
They already have rethought it. They've changed up their schedule and changed a lot of personnel, adding some great directors in. Got Matt Reeves on The Batman, Joss Whedon on Batgirl and reports of Robert Zemeckis joining The Flash and Mel Gibson on Suicide Squad 2. With James Wan already on Aquaman and Patty Jenkins returning for WW2.

Justice League will probably be Snyder's last film in the universe and after that the movies look in great hands. JL is the only film I'm worried about just now, after that I think Aquaman is going to be great and if all those directors get added I have no fears over the universe.

I hope they don't follow the trend of BvS and Suicide Squad which were both ****ing awful.
Original post by HucktheForde

:shh:

We don't talk about other Deadpool or X Men.

X Men doesn't link because it's Sony, like Deadpool and the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man films. (@HucktheForde)

I don't think that not linking the movies is what went wrong. A good movie would be a good movie regardless of cameos
Original post by clumsyorange
X Men doesn't link because it's Sony, like Deadpool and the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man films. (@HucktheForde)

I don't think that not linking the movies is what went wrong. A good movie would be a good movie regardless of cameos

Not to nitpick but X-men and Deadpool are Fox and Spider-Man is Sony.

Also I don't get the argument about not linking since DC films have been far more linked than Marvel was/is.
The new PotC is by far the weakest in the entire series of them. Still quite enjoyed it, but it was definitely less entertaining than the others. Might be to do with how Jack wasn't the focus so much this time.

Haven't seen wonder woman yet, kinda want to tho just cause Gal Gadot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending