Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know all of you won't apply to that university. I just want to know what you think of the university, how bad it is, etc.... Lets have a discussion.

ReputationRep:
    its the worst of the worst
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPTheOne)
    its the worst of the worst
    lol
    LOL, What do you really think?

ReputationRep:
    I have never stepped foot in the place so I can't really comment, its history leavers a lot to be desiered though, it nearly got closed down in 1996 and generaly has the lowest entry grades out of all the universities. PQ drew a graph which showed TVU and Paisley literly in a league of their own. Very few of their students get 2:1 or higher and it has quite a high drop out rate. Other than the black and white facts I can't comment as statistics are miss leading.

TVU most have some good points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    I know all of you won't apply to that university. I just want to know what you think of the university, how bad it is, etc.... Lets have a discussion.
    They rejected my friend for undergraduate law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    They rejected my friend for undergraduate law.
    hahahah

(that was a joke, right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMinx)
    hahahah

(that was a joke, right?)
    Nope, they offered her a place on their Criminology undergraduate course instead, they felt she was "unsuitable" for their undergraduate law course. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's bad and good in some ways. There are universities that have low requirements as TVU, and better than TVU, why do they go to TVU instead of the other uni's that have the same low requirements?

ReputationRep:
    Its managed to make its way to the top 100 uni's. Im not sure if it should be called "worst of the worst". Or perhaps I should pay no attention to league tables.

ReputationRep:
    They made it to the top 100, but they are always still last.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know a great deal about it. I just know that certain forumites seem to have an obsession with it that is verging on the pathological. Ironically, the same people who dismiss league tables when *their* university is left out of the top ten seem to take them awfully seriously when it come to universities at the lower end. I would suggest looking at the ratio of mature students to imma....sorry....18-21 year olds, putting your empathy cap on and remembering that the former cannot 'up and leave' with as much ease as the latter.

But then that's probably too much to expect.

ReputationRep:
    What a lot of people on this forum dont understand is that we're all not blessed with A grades for every exam we took... so, for some students, TVU is their only choice. At the end of the day the only thing that's going to determine how well you do in a career is how you perform at it, not where you went to do your degree.

Like will most uni's, no doubt TVU has some good areas.

Considering there's about 120 uni's/colleges/institutes that offer degrees. I dont think its the very worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    I dont think its the very worst.
    ooh but it is!

ReputationRep:
    ooh but it is!
    Don't worry, sweetheart, dropping out is nothing to be ashamed of.....
    Oops, just looked at your profile. You're at the University of Warwick. Care to offer us anything more substantial to back up your claim? Something more 'intellectually nourishing' than 'ooh but it is'.

ReputationRep:
    TVU does have something going for it, its initials are the same abbreviations as a certain rock group that are kind of fanastic. Apart from that, i don't think its got a lot going for it, its reputation alone would put most off i'd think, even if it wasn't that bad.

ReputationRep:
    ooh but it is!
    For which subject(s)? For law Bangor and many others are below TVU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratcat)
    Don't worry, sweetheart, dropping out is nothing to be ashamed of.....
    Oops, just looked at your profile. You're at the University of Warwick. Care to offer us anything more substantial to back up your claim? Something more 'intellectually nourishing' than 'ooh but it is'.
    What's wrong with Warwick. It has a "slightly" better success rate than TVU, has it not? What's wrong with TVU. Ok, let's see. Part of it is based in Slough...isn't that a good enough reason? There are no halls of residence. The people who run the degrees are completely unorganised. The facilities are shocking, the teaching is terrible and students are mostly left to their own devices. Half the people who go there end up regretting it. The other half spk like diss, yeh man dont diss our uni innit cos i am da man. Their student welfare services are vertually non-existant. Blahdy blah need I go on. Good day.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and i think you'll find one of your earlier comments was wrong. If you look into it im sure there are far more "immature" students, as you so nicely put it (getting on a bit are we?!?) than mature.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with Warwick. It has a "slightly" better success rate than TVU, has it not? What's wrong with TVU. Ok, let's see. Part of it is based in Slough...isn't that a good enough reason? There are no halls of residence. The people who run the degrees are completely unorganised. The facilities are shocking, the teaching is terrible and students are mostly left to their own devices. Half the people who go there end up regretting it. The other half spk like diss, yeh man dont diss our uni innit cos i am da man. Their student welfare services are vertually non-existant. Blahdy blah need I go on. Good day.
    If you can provide URL's to back up every single comment I you have made there I will give you rep because I am pretty sure you can't back it all up.

A the end of the day TVU is designed for mature students who live in that local area for this reason it shouldn't really be a university. Maybe that is why TVU gets a bad reputation, if it was a college maybe he would have a good reputation.

I can't see how half the rumours you here about that place can be true and arn't place like London Met just as bad but nobody ever seems to mention that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I can't see how half the rumours you here about that place can be true and arn't place like London Met just as bad but nobody ever seems to mention that.
    London Met *aparantly* has a flight simulator where prospective airline pilots can give it a try.

For that alone it is worth something!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.