The Student Room Group

Tvu

Scroll to see replies

TVU still provides a service. Yes, it may not be upto the high standards of other British Unis, but I am sure that it still provides a good education for those who are committed.

I don't see what it being partly based in Slough has got to do with it though. You should maybe visit the town. Every town in the country would love to have the number of multi-national companies based in their area that Slough does. Been watching too much of The Office, eh?!
Reply 21
How come the university has lots of mature student's in the first place?

I read somewhere that there are some good people that came out from TVU.
TVU still provides a service. Yes, it may not be upto the high standards of other British Unis, but I am sure that it still provides a good education for those who are committed.

I don't see what it being partly based in Slough has got to do with it though. You should maybe visit the town. Every town in the country would love to have the number of multi-national companies based in their area that Slough does. Been watching too much of The Office, eh?!
What's wrong with Warwick. It has a "slightly" better success rate than TVU, has it not?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,716,00.html
Click on "The Times Top Universities." There we go, you see Warwick just there in 5th place? Now scroll down......a bit more....keep going...there we go! Thames Valley University - number 99.

What's wrong with TVU. Ok, let's see. Part of it is based in Slough...isn't that a good enough reason?
There are no halls of residence.
http://www.unofficial-guides.com/guides/tvu-accommodation.html

The people who run the degrees are completely unorganised. The facilities are shocking, the teaching is terrible and students are mostly left to their own devices.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,716,00.html
Back to the table again. Looking at the teaching assessment and library/computer spending,

The other half spk like diss, yeh man dont diss our uni innit cos i am da man.
It may take a while to find a site proving this....
risk-is-good

I've been to Slough MANY MANY times and never seen The Office, as it happens. It's disgusting. Ahhhh multi national companies....tall office blocks...how attractive..now you come to mention it maybe i'll go on holiday there!
Reply 25
LittleMinx
I've been to Slough MANY MANY times and never seen The Office, as it happens. It's disgusting. Ahhhh multi national companies....tall office blocks...how attractive..now you come to mention it maybe i'll go on holiday there!

Well on location then you have a point, I do think Slough is as bad as its made out to be! As for flight similator's Salford has got one of them too, only 6 universities in the county have one.
Reply 26
LittleMinx
What's wrong with Warwick.

I don't know. You tell me. You're the one studying at that esteemed institution.

Incidentally, I didn't say there was anything wrong with Warwick. I had assumed you had some personal experience with TVU. I subsequently glanced at your profile and realized that was not the case.

It has a "slightly" better success rate than TVU, has it not?

Define 'success rate'.

What's wrong with TVU. Ok, let's see. Part of it is based in Slough...isn't that a good enough reason? There are no halls of residence. The people who run the degrees are completely unorganised. The facilities are shocking, the teaching is terrible and students are mostly left to their own devices. Half the people who go there end up regretting it. The other half spk like diss, yeh man dont diss our uni innit cos i am da man. Their student welfare services are vertually non-existant. Blahdy blah need I go on. Good day.

I've never set foot in Slough. However, one man's meat is another man's poison. Forther clarification is needed. Do you know many people who have attended this (TVU) institution and can you prove (statistically) that 'The other half spk like diss, yeh man dont diss our uni innit cos i am da man'?
Reply 27
LittleMinx
Oh and i think you'll find one of your earlier comments was wrong. If you look into it im sure there are far more "immature" students, as you so nicely put it (getting on a bit are we?!?) than mature.

There's a pic of me available on the forum. Judge for yourself.
Part of it is based in Slough...isn't that a good enough reason? - What the hell's wrong with Slough ? Haven't you been to Romford ? Sure, Slough is pedestrian, but it isn't half bad compared to some places.

There are no halls of residence. - Because no one would want to move out of their houses in the local area, perhaps ?

The people who run the degrees are completely unorganised. The facilities are shocking, the teaching is terrible and students are mostly left to their own devices. Half the people who go there end up regretting it. The other half spk like diss, yeh man dont diss our uni innit cos i am da man. Their student welfare services are vertually non-existant. - Prove it, prove it, prove it etc.

Oh, and for someone mocking the way other people write, you really should learn to spell. Don't they put you through basic spelling classes at Warwick ? :rolleyes:
Reply 29
i judge a degree's value on its future employability potential. tvu is regarded by most competitive graduate employers as a joke. even tesco (the company i work for) will not accept degrees from TVU for their graduate management scheme.
Reply 30
LittleMinx

I live like 10 minutes from Slough and so go there all the time. I really don't see what people's problem with it is. Ok, so it's not the most attractive place in the world, but then again most towns have tall office blocks do they not? It has decent shops, pubs, etc, and isn't a bad place at all really. There really is too much snobbery about it in my opinion
~Sam~
There really is too much snobbery about it in my opinion

I wouldn't worry. I'd have London over Cambridge and Oxford any day. So this must mean UCL is the top notch university. The poster I beleive studies at Warwick and that's in Coventry (or has been said on here before). Crappy Coventry :biggrin:
bratcat
Do you know many people who have attended this (TVU) institution and can you prove (statistically) that 'The other half spk like diss, yeh man dont diss our uni innit cos i am da man'?

No I can't! As I already said....

bratcat
There's a pic of me available on the forum. Judge for yourself.

What has your appearance got to do with anything?

Dr. Blazed
Oh, and for someone mocking the way other people write, you really should learn to spell. Don't they put you through basic spelling classes at Warwick ?

No, because we don't need it. So I made two spelling errors. It's an internet forum, does it matter?! There are far more people on these forums that have worse spelling than me - I'm correct when it matters, eg. for essays. I never mocked the way they write, I was mocking the way they talk.

NDGAARONDI
Crappy Coventry.

Indeed it is. But then Warwick University only have Coventry in the address, it is actually a good 20 minutes from Coventry itself. And being a campus uni, not many people actually go into Cov.
LittleMinx
Indeed it is.

Could be worse. Could be Luton :tongue:

LittleMinx
But then Warwick University only have Coventry in the address, it is actually a good 20 minutes from Coventry itself.

A good 20 minutes by foot or what exactly? j/w

LittleMinx
And being a campus uni, not many people actually go into Cov.

I can imagine :wink:
NDGAARONDI
Could be worse. Could be Luton :tongue::wink:

I've never been there, except to the airport. Could be worse..could be Slough :rolleyes:

NDGAARONDIA
good 20 minutes by foot or what exactly?

Car.

NDGAARONDII
can imagine :wink:

:eek:
LittleMinx
Car.

That's quite far for me then, considering my main form of transport is by foot :biggrin:
Reply 36
LittleMinx
I've never been there, except to the airport. Could be worse..could be Slough :rolleyes:

Car.

:eek:

Luton is worse than Slough! In fact, I'd go as far as saying Luton is one of the most disgusting places in Britain...I don't know why ANYONE chooses to go to uni there...it really is the pits.
NDGAARONDI
That's quite far for me then, considering my main form of transport is by foot :biggrin:

They have buses every 10 minutes :tongue:
NDGAARONDI

They have buses every 10 minutes :tongue:
Reply 39
timeofyourlife
tesco (the company i work for) will not accept degrees from TVU for their graduate management scheme.

:eek: That is terrible!. Hearing this is enough to put me off ever taking my degree to Tesco. Also, i think they would find it hard to rationally justify such prejudice.

Latest

Trending

Trending