The most fundamental issue at stake Watch

username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Among the many public myths we surround ourselves with, this is tops in its significance and importance to the world: the Cold War hasn't gone away, it was already there before, t is with us now and it will still be in a thousand years.

What we call the Cold War was a conflict between two ideologies:

Ideology A: The communist block with its adoption of Marxism as economic model and the implementation of a dictatorship (of the proletariat)as an inevitable pairing, examples of countries adopting this ideology were the USSR and her european sattelites, Cuba, China, North Korea, Vietnam and others. We will note here that adopting Marxism as your economic system obviously means you need a dictatorship, couldn't work with a democratic political systm. History tells us that and also that the Marxist system leads to its own collapse.

Ideology B: The economic system of choice is Capitalism, history tells us there is no better one in Marxism. East and West Berlin are the most vivid illustration of that picture, I saw it with my own eyes shortly after the tall of the Wall that separated the two ideologies: the western sector looked like our world, the eastern was like walking through a hole in time straight back to the 50s. Fully stocked shopping malls in the west, drab corner shops in the east with no variety on the few items thy stocked. They had rationing in their last decade, the 80s. Democracy is the poltical model that maximises its output.

As for economic systems, Capitalism works and Marxism doesn't beyond the world of ideas, For that very reason it is what we have, the solution that works and no other.

On the political front, Marxists do not approve of Democracy because Marxism couldn't cope with it. To adopt the example of Cuba, where until Castro got too old to impose his policies, it was impossible to own your business (you could run a restaurant but it would be leased from the State and they would tell you what you could and couldn't do with it. Why bother...) In that respect, Corbyn and the Shadow Cabinet are people with no appetite for any democracy other than on that elect them, They are Marxists and proud of it, it is well documented.

That is the most fundamental issue we are voting on, as much as it was an issue centuries ago, it is now and it will always. By voting A or B, on top of all other considerations behind your choice, you are taking part in the eternal conflict between two mindsets:

A stands for dictatorship, B for the free world. A represents the mindset where there is no room for individual freedom, exchange and debate alternative ideas, In the west it is better known as fascism but communism was as much of a dictatorship with a different economic system only. The same ruthlessness in determination to impose their own views on the world, ISIS are cut out of the same cloth and so is everyone who can't deal with the result of any democratic election at any point in history. That dictatorial streak and urge to unleash it on everyone without stopping at any thing is the basis of this mindset, that was he Cold War: the western free world and its values (Magna Carta, etc.) against the Communist bloc and theirs of State rule, repression of individuality and all associated freedoms, economic stagnation and eventual collapse.

That dictatorial urge by some people is what has always been with us and will never go away, as much as there will always be people standing up to them under the democratic umbrella. I am one of the soldiers for the democratic cause and could never for the Dictatorial mindset the Labour party represent, it would be shooting myself on the foot. Scoring an own goal, totally inconsistent with my core and most fundamental belief in a free-society as ideal.

Example; all Labourites who joined in the direct linking of May to the dead exhibits all those fascistic traits. They will stop at nothing because they are so sure that they know better than anybody else, like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro and Pol Pot among many others. They all share the same mindset.

That is the eternal war, the struggle between the libertarian and the fascistic mindset. You can attach whatever importance you like to that but when voting you are, knowingly or not, casting one at that most basic of levels of all. Free world against Dictatorship.

I'm out of here, goodbye everyone.
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is no libertarian option in most seats in the real life election.

Labour, tories, lib dems etc are not libertarians
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by joecphillips)
There is no libertarian option in most seats in the real life election.

Labour, tories, lib dems etc are not libertarians
It's a shame but we would not want to split the vote on FPTP
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads