Why do LGBT support Islam? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mahnoor95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
many muslims think being gay should be illegal. Makes no sense?
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mahnoor95)
I don't support Islam. I am highly critical of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mahnoor95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyx)
I don't support Islam. I am highly critical of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gayboy

in general the LGBT Community do
queenofswords
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The whole minorities supporting minorities thing.

I wish more Muslims could see that and be more vocal/open supporters of LGBT rights.
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Isnt it like LGBT (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) now
AmeliaLost
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Christianity and Judaisim think being gay should be illegal too. So why do LGBT+ people belong to/support Abrahamic faiths generally?

Spoiler:
Show

(Might apply to other faiths to, but the other few I know much about don't seem to have anything along those lines in any scriptures/teachings.)
Granville.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seems irrational to me...
turnsjq55
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm guessing because, as a (semi) oppressed group, they see Muslims facing persecution and draw parallels without really understanding Islam.
Kyuhyun
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not every muslim person thinks lgbt people should be punished or killed or that our identities should be illegal. Why? Because, like with christianity, you can interpret and follow your holy book as you please. Hell, when I came out in college, the only people to accept me were three muslim girls, who told me that they feel it is an outdated mindset to have anything against lgbt people. Even before that, I knew not to make a collective assumption of people who can follow a religion and yet still have differing - sometimes vastly - beliefs. It makes perfect sense because it's called exercising common sense. You should try getting some.
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because of some ill conceived idea that LGBT+ is now for all the allegedly "marginalised" groups in society.

I think it is utter bull**** and they should sort their **** out.

At its core is the lefty policies based on who is the most oppressed even though Islam is not favourable to the core members of the LGBT community.
JordanSpratt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AmeliaLost)
Christianity and Judaisim think being gay should be illegal too. So why do LGBT+ people belong to/support Abrahamic faiths generally?

Spoiler:
Show

(Might apply to other faiths to, but the other few I know much about don't seem to have anything along those lines in any scriptures/teachings.)

While in the Bible it does say that being a homosexual is wrong. The vast majority of current Christians and Jews do not want to criminalise being LGBT. Most of them believe that being gay is fine.

However, the vast majority of Muslims still believe that being gay is wrong and would want to make it illegal if they could.

There are far more extremists in the religion of Islam.
Mahnoor95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyuhyun)
Not every muslim person thinks lgbt people should be punished or killed or that our identities should be illegal. Why? Because, like with christianity, you can interpret and follow your holy book as you please. Hell, when I came out in college, the only people to accept me were three muslim girls, who told me that they feel it is an outdated mindset to have anything against lgbt people. Even before that, I knew not to make a collective assumption of people who can follow a religion and yet still have differing - sometimes vastly - beliefs. It makes perfect sense because it's called exercising common sense. You should try getting some.
if they had common sense they wouldn't be muslim
username2981082
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't support Islam because I don't agree with the ideology. I support Muslims to have the same rights as everyone else because they are people like us, unless they are terrorists. Terrorists don't deserve rights. Also, there are a lot of Muslims who aren't hateful towards LGBT people. They might not agree with homosexuality but they don't agree with gay bashing or hurling abuse at LGBT people.
Kravence
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because they would look like hypocrites if they didn't, even if it makes no sense to support them
username2981082
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Meany Pie)
Because of some ill conceived idea that LGBT+ is now for all the allegedly "marginalised" groups in society.

I think it is utter bull**** and they should sort their **** out.

At its core is the lefty policies based on who is the most oppressed even though Islam is not favourable to the core members of the LGBT community.
The LGBT community has a lot of problems with biphobia, transphobia, and sexism but they don't want to seem to acknowledge that, preferring to champion other groups' cause.
Kyuhyun
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if they had common sense they wouldn't be muslim

+1 for ~*~edginess~*~.
Mahnoor95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyuhyun)
+1 for ~*~edginess~*~.
+1 for truth
Meany Pie
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by constantine2016)
The LGBT community has a lot of problems with biphobia, transphobia, and sexism but they don't want to seem to acknowledge that, preferring to champion other groups' cause.
Pretty spot on there. The LGBT are becoming a bit of a joke really, championing some of the people causing their own problems.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
some do a lot are coming around. The reason is because they see them as a another minority who are the victim of prejudice so feel like they have more in common with them than the majority
username3110466
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JordanSpratt)
While in the Bible it does say that being a homosexual is wrong. The vast majority of current Christians and Jews do not want to criminalise being LGBT. Most of them believe that being gay is fine.

However, the vast majority of Muslims still believe that being gay is wrong and would want to make it illegal if they could.

There are far more extremists in the religion of Islam.
That is what you call a cultural christian or Jew.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads