As level grades for dentistry and do they matter

Watch
Al1a12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hai there, I'm currently studying Biology(CIE) , chemistry(CIE) , ICT(CIE) and maths(Edexcel ) and i just finished my exams today and i think hopefully that i will get 3As for biology maths and ict but for chemistry i think i will either get an E or a D maybe a C.I was wondering whether or not i should retake my chemistry in November/October because i need to get atleast 3As including chemistry to get into a dentistry uni.I'm going to take the UKCAT exam in August hopefully to make my UCAS application a little better and ofcourse some work experience.So my question is will the chemistry grade affect me when applying for the universities even though i might be predicted 3As including chemistry by my school.I will definitely go over the As chemistry syllabus and study it again but i was wondering if i should retake it in November or not and how will it affect my UCAS application to unis( mainly glasgow).Thank you
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Al1a12)
Hai there, I'm currently studying Biology(CIE) , chemistry(CIE) , ICT(CIE) and maths(Edexcel ) and i just finished my exams today and i think hopefully that i will get 3As for biology maths and ict but for chemistry i think i will either get an E or a D maybe a C.I was wondering whether or not i should retake my chemistry in November/October because i need to get atleast 3As including chemistry to get into a dentistry uni.I'm going to take the UKCAT exam in August hopefully to make my UCAS application a little better and ofcourse some work experience.So my question is will the chemistry grade affect me when applying for the universities even though i might be predicted 3As including chemistry by my school.I will definitely go over the As chemistry syllabus and study it again but i was wondering if i should retake it in November or not and how will it affect my UCAS application to unis( mainly glasgow).Thank you
Will you get an AS certificate for those exams? If so you'd have to declare it on your ucas application so it would affect you, possibly quite significantly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (139)
14.34%
I'm not sure (42)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (289)
29.82%
I have already dropped out (25)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (474)
48.92%

Watched Threads