What do I wear to my work experience in year 10?

Watch
thisgirl0709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have been given a placement to work in a bank for my work experience that I have to do in year 10. I have not yet rang my employer (he's on holiday until Monday) to ask him.My work experience is in 3 week. All I've been told to wear is a smart dress and suitable footwear. Anyone help?
Smud
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just dress smart. Think "office wear' and it's really easy. Sensible footwear that isn't scruffy or trainers is best. It's almost like school uniform smartness but with less limitations. A smart shirt and black trousers (not jeans or leggings - never leggings) is fine. If it has to be a dress, make it simple. So long as it isn't revealing, party wear or casual, you should be fine. Don't over think it. Your teachers at school will probably dress smart so if you need inspiration, look at the kind of things they have to wear. If you really want to make sure, pop into the bank to see what kind of things the employees are wearing there.

And remember to iron your clothes because it makes it look even smarter.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
On the first day a safe bet is something like your school trousers and a plain shirt - with any shoes which aren't super bright/garish/trainers/the sort of heels you'd wear to a party etc. On that day you can look what other people are wearing in the office and wear something similar.
tsrsucks11111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
burka
A.Shergill
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been given a place to do my work experience in a care home. They have not given me a dress code. What should I wear smart or casual?
karen193
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A.Shergill)
I've been given a place to do my work experience in a care home. They have not given me a dress code. What should I wear smart or casual?
I was in a SEN nursery so i just wore denim jeans, not washed out denim and a top. I would go with something similar, maybe trousers that are comfortable and a nice top to match ? As for shoes, trainers are your best bet cause you'll be on your feet all day. Good luck !
pjrodarte339
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
why wear anything at all? shrug off the constraints of our materialistic society
elliemayor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For my work experience I wore smart trousers and a smart shirt/top. I also wore comfy brogues
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (486)
33.31%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (606)
41.54%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.49%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed