Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

02 dating service watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got a text saying somethin along the lines of

"Someone U no has asked 02 dating service to contact U. cant guess who? call xxxxxxxx and all will be revealed (calls 150ppm)"

sounds like a scam. anyone else had anythin like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    I got a text saying somethin along the lines of

"Someone U no has asked 02 dating service to contact U. cant guess who? call xxxxxxxx and all will be revealed (calls 150ppm)"

sounds like a scam. anyone else had anythin like this?
    Bullsh*t ,never trust these things,and if someone wants to date you,it's easier not to cost you money,dont you think*LOL*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    Bullsh*t ,never trust these things,and if someone wants to date you,it's easier not to cost you money, dont you think*LOL*
    exactly what i thought?! just never got one before

ReputationRep:
    I get loads of those... grr, I hate spam/con text messages, I always get all excited that it's the real thing, then I find it's not

ReputationRep:
    hehe, I get the as well

ReputationRep:
    exactly what i thought?! just never got one before
    I get those ones afew times. But I get the "You have been selected to win £25,000" more often.

ReputationRep:
    I had three spam texts from UCAS today all saying the same thing - advertising ******* multinationals.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I get those ones afew times. But I get the "You have been selected to win £25,000" more often.
    yeh theyre the ones i usually get. it was the "someone U know" that confused me. ah well

ReputationRep:
    what the hell, i jsut got another one?!

has anyone else actually recieved a dating service text??

ReputationRep:
    I get 'someone you know fancies you, contact our dating service to find out who' all the time. Either its a blindingly obvious scam, or 'someone' is being very persistent.

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting this message to my hotmail account (3 of them all on the 30th of August at 13:08, 13:08 and 13:10):
    Someone from Pictari wants you to be in our online community!

Check out Pictari.com, it doesn't take long.

See you soon,

Pictari

Is this a scam? Don't think I'll be joining somehow (if someone does want me to join then they can ask me themselves).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    I get 'someone you know fancies you, contact our dating service to find out who' all the time. Either its a blindingly obvious scam, or 'someone' is being very persistent.
    yeh mate thats it. thing was i was txtin a lass for a bit and then i got that a day or 2 after, and she hasnt txt me since. so either its from her mand shes still waitin for me to reply, or its a scam and shes lost interest lol.

dare you to ring it and fine out

ReputationRep:
    yeh mate thats it. thing was i was txtin a lass for a bit and then i got that a day or 2 after, and she hasnt txt me since. so either its from her mand shes still waitin for me to reply, or its a scam and shes lost interest lol.

dare you to ring it and fine out
    Its a scam. I've been getting it for over a year, since I first got my phone - a couple of mates have got identical messages. A real person would have given up or made a different move by now, rather than spending money on something that was obviously being ignored.

ReputationRep:
    I got one a few days ago...bloody thing woke me up. I wouldnt bother phoning it back, its a scam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesF)
    I got one a few days ago...bloody thing woke me up. I wouldnt bother phoning it back, its a scam.
    lol k ill leave it

ReputationRep:
    lol k ill leave it
    Haha, well i say its a scam, but i've never actually phoned it back...try if you want - it might be genuine, you could be really pissing someone off who is actually trying to contact you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesF)
    Haha, well i say its a scam, but i've never actually phoned it back...try if you want - it might be genuine, you could be really pissing someone off who is actually trying to contact you
    LoL! Would be funny if someone really was trying to contact you .

Most likely to be a scam though. :rolleyes:

had abt 15 of those in the last week :mad:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.