The Student Room Group

Ocr computing data type question

For the ocr exam were the data types string and real or integer and real? Me and my friends cant decide.
Original post by James9878
For the ocr exam were the data types string and real or integer and real? Me and my friends cant decide.

What question for the June 2017 paper are you referring to?
*has a copy although they do A-Level*
Reply 2
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
What question for the June 2017 paper are you referring to?
*has a copy although they do A-Level*

I cant rememeber exactly, but it was to do with data types. The first one asked what data type should be hsed for calcualting the mean and the other asked to state the data type for the characters 0001
Original post by James9878
I cant rememeber exactly, but it was to do with data types. The first one asked what data type should be hsed for calcualting the mean and the other asked to state the data type for the characters 0001

Definitely string and real. Think about it, 0001 is a string of numbers not an integer.
Original post by Kronixion
Definitely string and real. Think about it, 0001 is a string of numbers not an integer.

I have a copy from my A-Level teacher, and I would have answered it as String/Real, as you need the leading zeros.

Spoiler

I have a copy from my A-Level teacher, and I would have answered it as String/Real, as you need the leading zeros.

Spoiler

Can you post the paper here please!!!
Can you post the paper here please!!!

Sorry
I only got that one question and a select few others
Sorry
I only got that one question and a select few others

Ok cheers what other questions do you have?
Ok cheers what other questions do you have?

I haven't got it to hand
I'll get it in a little bit

Quick Reply

Latest