The Student Room Group

Study Medicine/Dentistry/Veterinary Medicine Abroad Official Chain!

Hi guys,
Since I can't find any recent discussions on studying medicine abroad for 2017 I thought I'll start one myself. I'm currently going through Study Medicine Europe to study Dentistry in Sofia. However I'm having some problems with them so I might change to Tutelage to do medicine, since it's a very popular choice and I want to do medicine. Plus they're a lot cheaper and I've heard incredible things from them.

You may wonder why I switched from dentistry to medicine. I've always loved medicine and wanted to apply for it but my parents (who are both nurses) say it's an extremely stressful job with night shifts and the pay for junior doctors isn't a lot and they are worried I won't be able to cope with the studies. Comparing that with dentistry, which doesn't have any night shifts, has marginally less stress but a lot more pay and it's apparently less stressful than medicine (I've researched this and people have given me mixed reviews which really doesn't help). All in all when I switch I'm still gonna do medicine bc it has always been my passion, and at the end of the day for me it's more about my passion for helping people than the money :biggrin:

ANYWHO enough about me, I was wondering if anyone else is going through the same situation as me. Who else has applied to study abroad? be it Bulgaria, Czech Republic, anywhere! Please discuss how your application is going, what uni you're applying etc etc. ALSO it'd be great if I could meet future unimates/roommates here!
Original post by crispynoodles
Hi guys,
Since I can't find any recent discussions on studying medicine abroad for 2017 I thought I'll start one myself. I'm currently going through Study Medicine Europe to study Dentistry in Sofia. However I'm having some problems with them so I might change to Tutelage to do medicine, since it's a very popular choice and I want to do medicine. Plus they're a lot cheaper and I've heard incredible things from them.

You may wonder why I switched from dentistry to medicine. I've always loved medicine and wanted to apply for it but my parents (who are both nurses) say it's an extremely stressful job with night shifts and the pay for junior doctors isn't a lot and they are worried I won't be able to cope with the studies. Comparing that with dentistry, which doesn't have any night shifts, has marginally less stress but a lot more pay and it's apparently less stressful than medicine (I've researched this and people have given me mixed reviews which really doesn't help). All in all when I switch I'm still gonna do medicine bc it has always been my passion, and at the end of the day for me it's more about my passion for helping people than the money :biggrin:

ANYWHO enough about me, I was wondering if anyone else is going through the same situation as me. Who else has applied to study abroad? be it Bulgaria, Czech Republic, anywhere! Please discuss how your application is going, what uni you're applying etc etc. ALSO it'd be great if I could meet future unimates/roommates here!

Hey, I've applied for medicine at Varna, Bulgaria. I sat the entrance test and now need a B/C in Biology and Chemistry to be considered for a place
Original post by zakattak
Hey, I've applied for medicine at Varna, Bulgaria. I sat the entrance test and now need a B/C in Biology and Chemistry to be considered for a place

Hey! That's great to hear! If I may ask what agency are you going through?
I haven't really heard much about Varna tbh in terms of popularity, is it as good as the other unis?
I might apply to Sofia next year for Dentistry.
Medlinks is good!
Original post by sulaimanali
Medlinks is good!

what's Medlinks?:K:
ALSO if anyone has any questions about the application process please ask away!
Medlinks is an agency (like study medicine europe and tutelage)...
Reply 8
Ive applied to palacky in Czech republic, through medical doorway agency
Hey! That's great to hear! If I may ask what agency are you going through?
I haven't really heard much about Varna tbh in terms of popularity, is it as good as the other unis?

It's supposed to be the best for medicine in Bulgaria. I'm not applying through an agency, I know some people there so they're helping me
It's supposed to be the best for medicine in Bulgaria. I'm not applying through an agency, I know some people there so they're helping me

Ahh I see, so is Sofia not the best option then? It's at the top of the league table in Bulgaria followed by Plovdiv and Varna.
Ahh I see, so is Sofia not the best option then? It's at the top of the league table in Bulgaria followed by Plovdiv and Varna.

I was told Sofia is the better uni whilst Varna is the better medical uni but as long as you graduate I can't see why it would matter.
What's the application process like for Czezh Republic? How much are tuition fees?
I was told Sofia is the better uni whilst Varna is the better medical uni but as long as you graduate I can't see why it would matter.
What's the application process like for Czezh Republic? How much are tuition fees?

Yeah you're right. Tbh there has been some speculation surrounding Sofia, as reports of fraudulence with its teachers have been released to the public, and I don't really want to go to a uni associated with chicanery. I haven't applied to any unis in Czech Republic so idk about the tuition fee sorry :colondollar:
Have you tried Study Medicine in Europe? They are really good! I know someone who got a range of grades A* - C at GCSE and A Level but has now gone abroad and is studying Medicine in Bulgaria... She is really lonely in terms of being away from family.. but she loves the course and will be extremely successful one day, all her efforts will pay off.
Original post by lucky1234567
Have you tried Study Medicine in Europe? They are really good! I know someone who got a range of grades A* - C at GCSE and A Level but has now gone abroad and is studying Medicine in Bulgaria... She is really lonely in terms of being away from family.. but she loves the course and will be extremely successful one day, all her efforts will pay off.

I have a friend in Sofia who's studying Medicine and she said that it's incredibly tough and sometimes teachers don't speak in English but overall she's loving the course! I am going through tutelage right now so hopefully fingers crossed my grades don't let me down and I get into Medicine!!
Reply 15
Hi. I think you may find a number of these threads covered in the international study section of TSR.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116

It may be that this one ends up there with them, if you suddenly cant see it in the uk based medicine section any more :-)
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending