Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that a few people were putting this down. Did anyone end up getting in and if so was it CF or insurance?

They made me an offer of "B,C" and I got two A's so I got in easily in the end.

ReputationRep:
    That's good. What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Law with Criminology, are you going there and if so what are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure yet as I will be applying in september. I might consider that university to do internet computing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Law with Criminology
    My friend is going to Hull and doing that exact same course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidH)
    My friend is going to Hull and doing that exact same course!
    (notes Davids location)

I just hope that he is not a Rhinos supporter .

i am going to apply to hull in september although i am not too sure if i would actually want to go there.

ReputationRep:
    Out of all universities that I applied to and visited Hull certainly gave off the friendliest vibe and unlike some of them there was no pretence.

The place is almost certainly very under rated by prospective students and one thing that is often overlooked is that it was 4th (yes 4th) a few years back in the league tables for % of graduates in "stable" employment a year after graduating. Ok, this may mean that 3,000 graduates went and got jobs in a fast food shop but out of all the statistics this is one of the ones that is tangable as opposed to abstract.

If Hull was not at the end of the M62 and was somewhere more central I am certain that many more people would apply.

Most courses are undersubscribed, a friend of mine recently decided to make a late application to the ucas system and entered straight into clearing. He visited the university and spoke to several admissions tutors all of whom appeared to have a place for him if he wanted it.

From what I have heard this is a good uni and certainly better than its league table ranking would suggest (between 35 and 60 depending on which paper you read).

As a Law (with Criminology) applicant I can say that the law department is very small with around 40-50 1st years each September. This is opposed to somewhere like Leeds or Sheffield where there are up to 200.

As a result of this I should really get the feeling of being an individual as opposed to just "another student".

Time will tell...

ReputationRep:
    Out of all of the universities that offer Law Hull is 32nd in The Times league tables if thats worth anything.

Notably is appears higher than Newcastle who rejected me outright .

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.