The Student Room Group

Anyone feel weird after finishing exams?

So I've finished all my uni exams, and almost a week later it feels like my purpose in life is gone and I keep waking up feeling like I should be revising.

Anyone feeling the same?
I've just finished masters exams. Since A-Level's I've felt this way. Post exam blues.

Its not that bad this year I guess as I have a grad job that I start soon.

It definitely hits you if you don't have plans for the summer. I used to kill the time by reading/ watching films/ going gym when I didn't have friends or any plans. Definitely helped me develop my personality.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by queenofswords
I've just finished masters exams. Since A-Level's I've felt this way. Post exam blues.

Its not that bad this year I guess as I have a grad job that I start soon.

It definitely hits you if you don't have plans for the summer. I used to kill the time by reading/ watching films/ going gym when I didn't have friends or any plans. Definitely helped me develop my personality.

How is masters like, if I may ask? :colondollar:

I've just been resting for awhile, but planning on doing something similar as well as start learning other modules for my course so I won't be bored.
Original post by kkboyk
How is masters like, if I may ask? :colondollar:

I've just been resting for awhile, but planning on doing something similar as well as start learning other modules for my course so I won't be bored.

Masters was quite intense. If you ever decide to pursue one make sure you are passionate about the subject.

Studying for the year ahead is a brilliant idea :smile: Internships and volunteering are also incredibly worthwhile.
no i feel worthless after exams because i know i've done badly and i do badly
Reply 5
Original post by emerald7770

Me too :frown:
Original post by esrever
Me too :frown:

you are probably in a much better position than me! :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by emerald7770

Most of us feel that way (especially me), but its best to start thinking of relaxing for a bit, then thinking what to do afterwards.

Original post by queenofswords
Masters was quite intense. If you ever decide to pursue one make sure you are passionate about the subject.

Studying for the year ahead is a brilliant idea :smile: Internships and volunteering are also incredibly worthwhile.

Yeah, waiting to hear back from a few work experience places after being rejected by many :redface: If everything fails i'll just be doing a part time work whist volunteering (which I've already got an offer for).
Reply 8
My biggest joy is finishing exams. When I reach that point when I no longer have to study, I am going to be so happy.
Reply 9
I feel relieved and relaxed :smile:
Original post by eden3

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................................

(out of interest what do you do btw, like college, uni, wut?)
Reply 11
Original post by donutellme
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................................

(out of interest what do you do btw, like college, uni, wut?)

MAYYYYYNEEEE ima PM you the detaiillss yeeeaAHHH
Reply 12
Original post by Michiyo
My biggest joy is finishing exams. When I reach that point when I no longer have to study, I am going to be so happy.

I see we like the same anime :colondollar: That was me during A-level. Right now I've realised that I need to study constantly if I am to keep up with the difficulty of my course.

Original post by eden3

When do you receive your results and such?
I've just finished the 1st year of my college course today & don't know what i'll do to keep me occupied until september haha!
Reply 14
Original post by kkboyk

When do you receive your results and such?

Either next week, or the week after at the very latest (2nd year uni results)
Reply 15
Original post by eden3
Either next week, or the week after at the very latest (2nd year uni results)

We have to wait until around mid July to get ours back for all courses.
Yeah I do but I think it's because we spend all the year doing notes and revision that when we stop we are used to doing it so we are lost for a bit
Just stressed

Quick Reply

Latest