winteristhebest
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! I am in my junior year of school and i didn't do IB this year however i really want to do it next year is it possible to get the diploma, take extra classes or make up in the summer? I'm really anxious about this please help!
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by winteristhebest)
Hi! I am in my junior year of school and i didn't do IB this year however i really want to do it next year is it possible to get the diploma, take extra classes or make up in the summer? I'm really anxious about this please help!
The Diploma program is a two year course, but in principle it could be completed in one year.

However, you would have internally assessed work in all 6 subjects, one extended essay, one ToK presentation and a ToK essay plus exams in all six subjects (three at higher level and three at standard level). You would also have to complete a CAS program (Creativity, Action, Service) during this time.

To pass you would need 24 out of 45 points if you fulfill the CAS, ToK and Extended essay requirements.

Students find the course demanding (but rewarding) over 2 years, over 1 year it would be difficult.
winteristhebest
Rep:
?
But if i didnt attend Junior year of IB how will i work that out, isn't there stuff turned into the ib exam board?
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by winteristhebest)
But if i didnt attend Junior year of IB how will i work that out, isn't there stuff turned into the ib exam board?
In the IB program there is no such thing as "Junior Year".

Stuff is only handed in for moderation in March prior to the exams in May.
winteristhebest
Rep:
?
But i have the whole first year of IB missing, so i'm not sure how i can work that out if i go in for 12th grade?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (21)
6.03%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (203)
58.33%
No (124)
35.63%

Watched Threads