The Student Room Group

Can i study a masters in Kings college with a 2.2

does anyone know if I can study a masters degree with a 2.2 whilst the entry requirements are a 2.1. I went through personal issues during my last year of university i also studied at Middlesex university... i want to apply but don't want to waste the 50£ i have to pay for the application if i already know i wont be accepted
Original post by aurorako
does anyone know if I can study a masters degree with a 2.2 whilst the entry requirements are a 2.1. I went through personal issues during my last year of university i also studied at Middlesex university... i want to apply but don't want to waste the 50£ i have to pay for the application if i already know i wont be accepted

Contact the department direct.
Reply 2
How close were you to 2:1? Did you do well in the modules directly related to the masters in your undergraduate? Do you have any work experience in the sector?
Hey, it depends what in.

I studied a Masters at KCL.
Some Masters courses are more competitive than others and are even difficult to get into with at 2:1 etc.
I'm sure that is not news to you but you should keep that in mind.

The usual route is that a 2:2 plus 3-5 years of industry experience will be considered. However, as ever there are always exceptions, they will be more lenient with the less sought after postgrad courses and stricter with the courses which they have more applicants such as law, the medicines, war studies etc.

An alternative is getting some experience and then applying.

I agree that you should check with the admissions department and make sure that you are clear about your difficulties in your final year.

All the best!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest