The Student Room Group

Edexcel Legacy/old spec GCSE A*-G Maths paper 2 (calculator) FOUNDATION

Hi

Just sat the old spec Maths GCSE CALCULATOR FOUNDATION paper with EDEXCEL. How is everyone feeling about it? I found it very, very hard. Some questions we hadn't covered.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I also found it very hard
The sweets one and the last question had me lost ! I started to use pie for the last one then I got lost.. i think I've failed
Reply 2
Original post by abs1981
I also found it very hard
The sweets one and the last question had me lost ! I started to use pie for the last one then I got lost.. i think I've failed

I'd forgotten about the sweets one! Argh! I didn't really attempt the last one.
I just wrong piex2.5squared and piex4.5squared and the answers. Hoping I'll get a mark for that at least x
Reply 3
Original post by Hanuk1987
I'd forgotten about the sweets one! Argh! I didn't really attempt the last one.
I just wrong piex2.5squared and piex4.5squared and the answers. Hoping I'll get a mark for that at least x

I didn't even attempt the sweets one, I just couldn't get my head around it. The last one I used pie x diameter then got lost. I'm hoping for at least 1mark on that. I got stuck on quite a few to be honest. Really not feeling confident I did enough ! paper one I think I got around 80 % so I needed at least 65 marks on this one
I got stuck on the last 2. Did pi x 5 and pi x 9 lol... And i think i did the questionaire wrong.. Did it by how many times people take the train per DAY . Also what did you guys put for the name of that qualilateral?!
Reply 5
Haha looking at most people's posts, everyone on foundation found these questions hard and not covered these topics as much.. hopefully it means lower grade boundaries ..
hopefully we get to see the unofficial mark scheme because i am baffled what the quadrilateral is lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
The sweets question got me too.
The paper before was even worse WHEN HAS A LINE GRAPH EVER BEEN CALLED A FREQUENCY POLYGON...
Reply 7
I was very confident after paper 1 but after that exam today it has left me doubting whether I've passed.
Hi

Just sat the old spec Maths GCSE CALCULATOR FOUNDATION paper with EDEXCEL. How is everyone feeling about it? I found it very, very hard. Some questions we hadn't covered.

I have just posted a word document with my solutions to this paper.
Reply 9
Original post by Yorkshire Bob

Thank you so much! do you know how many marks each question was worth ?
Reply 10

hi where is the word document?
Original post by Felttip
hi where is the word document?

I just tried to upload a correction and have accidentally deleted. Should be there again very soon.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
I just tried to upload a correction and have accidentally deleted. Should be there aga very soon.

thanks, does it include the questions? or just answers
Hi

Here are my solutions ... again. I have included some of the questions but it is not the same scanned paper that I uploaded last time. Best that I can do today.
(edited 6 years ago)

where is it too Yorkshire Bob
Original post by mcthirsty
where is it too Yorkshire Bob

It is there now.
Yorkshire bob; thank you for the mark scheme for paper 2. Can i ask, do you have a scan of paper 1 and paper 2 questions at all? And secondly do you have a mark scheme for paper 1 (non calc) thank you so much
Reply 17
I'm sure there was an enlargement question , scale factor 3 ? I can't see it on the answers.
I answered it but my final 2 points looked off.
usually I can easily do enlargement! exam nerves
Reply 18
The page won't load for me. Have you got another link? Thanks for uploading these by the way! :smile:
Reply 19
It is there now.

Thanks a lot. Feel a little better after seeing it although I think I'll have scraped 69 in that paper at a push. I cautiously marked my non calc between 72 and 78 so I might just do it, hoping that the boundaries come down. Today's paper was a lot harder than any of the past papers I've sat.

I can't see a mark for the scale factor of 3 for the shape...obviously understand you probably can't scan that it. I'm sure I got it though, how many marks was it for?

Quick Reply

Latest