GCSE OCR B Chemistry C1 C2 C3 - Friday 9th June 2017

Watch
Mr Dee Mented
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone have any idea what could possible come up in the test? Do you think there will be any past paper questions that may come up?

Is there anything we could be asked about that is unexpected? And do you think the exam will be difficult?
14SIjaz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Mr Dee Mented;71973302]Does anyone have any idea what could possible come up in the test? Do you think there will be any past paper questions that may come up?

Is there anything we could be asked about that is unexpected? And do you think the exam will be difficult?[/QU
How did u do? ersonally i wound it extremely easy...i h=guess other ppl will find it easy too and the grade boundaries r gonna b really high...im predicting a 66=A*
J.exs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=14SIjaz;72006508]
(Original post by Mr Dee Mented)
Does anyone have any idea what could possible come up in the test? Do you think there will be any past paper questions that may come up?

Is there anything we could be asked about that is unexpected? And do you think the exam will be difficult?[/QU
How did u do? ersonally i wound it extremely easy...i h=guess other ppl will find it easy too and the grade boundaries r gonna b really high...im predicting a 66=A*
Same here i found it refreshingly easy and so did most of the people i asked. So grade boundaries are gonna be a nightmare
14SIjaz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=Stephanie21;72006602]
(Original post by 14SIjaz)

Same here i found it refreshingly easy and so did most of the people i asked. So grade boundaries are gonna be a nightmare
how many marks r u predicting to b a B?
devlinfreeburn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=14SIjaz;72006698]
(Original post by Stephanie21)

how many marks r u predicting to b a B?
something around 43-45
alimastudies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Shall we create an unofficial markscheme?
whyamialive
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alimastudies)
Shall we create an unofficial markscheme?
Still waiting for one
alimastudies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by whyamialive)
Still waiting for one
i can't really remember some of the questions :/
whyamialive
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i can't really remember some of the questions :/
That's the problem with me as well, i would make a ms if i knew the questions. I also don't want to put my answers in case it is wrong or disagreeable
alimastudies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's the problem with me as well, i would make a ms if i knew the questions. I also don't want to put my answers in case it is wrong or disagreeable
yh same with me lol, some question came from past papers and i knew the answer to it so hopefully they were right
whyamialive
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yh same with me lol, some question came from past papers and i knew the answer to it so hopefully they were right
Aw man, all these people saying it was easy (which it was). This just means the gbs are gonna be high. Hope i get an a*.
alimastudies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aw man, all these people saying it was easy (which it was). This just means the gbs are gonna be high. Hope i get an a*.
same 😩
woody16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=alimastudies;72020060]Shall we create an unofficial markscheme?[We should all pitch in together, the problem is I remember questions, but not in the right order!
_Guardian_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=woody16;72028146]
Shall we create an unofficial markscheme?[We should all pitch in together, the problem is I remember questions, but not in the right order!
il help you out make a thread to it please
alimastudies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1.D, because phosphorescent pigment absorbs light when intensity is high and then re-radiates it when light intensity is low

(idk what question no.) thermochromic pigment because it changes colour when it's heated to warn the parent, and goes back to original colour when it's cooled down

how do oil paints dry:
the solvent evaporates and the oil is oxidised by atmospheric oxygen leaving a protective layer around the pigment

i honestly can't remember any other questions lol, let me know what they were

Posted from TSR Mobile
woody16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1.D, because phosphorescent pigment absorbs light when intensity is high and then re-radiates it when light intensity is low

(idk what question no.) thermochromic pigment because it changes colour when it's heated to warn the parent, and goes back to original colour when it's cooled down

how do oil paints dry:
the solvent evaporates and the oil is oxidised by atmospheric oxygen leaving a protective layer around the pigment

i honestly can't remember any other questions lol, let me know what they were

Posted from TSR Mobile
The block of questions with the hydrocarbons was:
B, A, B, C.
alimastudies
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The gore-tex question:

it is breathable and waterproof because the holes in the membrane aren't big enough for water droplets to go through but it is big enough for water vapour to go through

Posted from TSR Mobile
_Guardian_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
grade boundary predictions anyone???
normally its 62/75 ish but considering it was an easy test ima say 67
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads