Chemistry GCSE urgent Watch

Westsidegirl
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I do not understand how Gortex can be breathable and waterproof, because the breathable PTFE is layered on top of nylon or polyurethane, which isn't breathable, so surely the sweat wouldn't be able to get out.

Also, how do perfumes evaporate because where do they get the heat energy to turn from a liquid to a gas?

In crude oil are the hyrdocarbons only alkanes or are there alkenes too. if there are alkenes too how can you crack longer hydrocarbons to form smaller alkenes and alkanes, because wouldnt the alkenes be in there too. do you only burn alkane hydrocarbons for fuel?

What is photochemical smog and how is ozone formed from it. the textbook also says that ozone causes breathing difficulties but it is not beneficial to stop uv light coming through?

i do no understand what allotropes of carbon are - like fullerenes?

in the rocks topic my textbook says that in sedimentary rock water is squeezed out due to pressure, which i understand, but i dont get when it says 'fluids flowing through the pores desposit natural mineral cement' ??

thanks if anyone can reply - its justs my chemistry GCSE is tomorrow!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
9.25%
I used to but I don't now (15)
2.62%
No, but I want to start (205)
35.78%
No, I am unable to (132)
23.04%
No, I chose not to (168)
29.32%