maceve
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am really struggling with basically all of maths C3, C4 and D1. I don't know how well I'm going to do, I think there are some serious gaps in my knowledge and it's really talking a toll on my other subjects.

I've been revising maths since the end of march with no time given to any of my other subjects. I really need to focus on my other subjects now if I don't want to fail them.

Basically, I really need a B in maths overall
I've already got an A in maths AS.
c1: 88 UMS
c2: 77: UMS
s1: 80 UMS

I feel like if I get a C in all three papers D1, C3, C4 i can still get a B overall?
But if I know the basics and can solve most of the easier questions on the paper will I get a C's in all three A2 papers for a B overall?
maceve
Rep:
?
Any advice
United2810
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You've already got 245 ums and only need 175 more to get a B. So theoretically you could get 60 in each of the A2 modules and come out with a B. So yes, you could get a C in all of your A2 modules and come out with a B. But I'd suggest aiming higher and going for an A, you can do it
maceve
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jagraj16)
You've already got 245 ums and only need 175 more to get a B. So theoretically you could get 60 in each of the A2 modules and come out with a B. So yes, you could get a C in all of your A2 modules and come out with a B. But I'd suggest aiming higher and going for an A, you can do it
That's a bit reassuring thanks! But at this point I dont even know if i can get a C
NotKidding
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Practice makes perfect. Do past papers. Maths is all about doing questions until you get it. Since your AS is pretty good getting a B won't be very difficult either Best of luck
TheIncredibleZ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by maceve)
I am really struggling with basically all of maths C3, C4 and D1. I don't know how well I'm going to do, I think there are some serious gaps in my knowledge and it's really talking a toll on my other subjects.

I've been revising maths since the end of march with no time given to any of my other subjects. I really need to focus on my other subjects now if I don't want to fail them.

Basically, I really need a B in maths overall
I've already got an A in maths AS.
c1: 88 UMS
c2: 77: UMS
s1: 80 UMS

I feel like if I get a C in all three papers D1, C3, C4 i can still get a B overall?
But if I know the basics and can solve most of the easier questions on the paper will I get a C's in all three A2 papers for a B overall?
do a bunch of past papers and use websites such as examsolutions.net to fill the gaps in your knowledge.

Are there any topics that you find challenging?
Dima-Blackburn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The best way to revise maths in general is to practise! Do as many past papers as you can. Look at the mark schemes. If you come across a question you can't do, go back to the textbook (I used CGP revision guides primarily during my A-levels a few years ago and came out with an A), look at online worked examples (examsolutions and khan academy are really good for this), and ask in the maths section of this forum (Reddit is also useful if you want quick answers).

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (408)
56.12%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.88%

Watched Threads