The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Transferring within first few days of uni

I've firmed a place at Nottingham for Foundation History but I was given an unconditional to study History here.

I feel like maybe I've made a mistake. I know people have transferred within the first few days between other uni's and wanted to know if anyone knows who has done so here before I email. I haven't thought about it much until these last few weeks.

I loved the course at QM but I just didn't like the area or feel of the school, but the more I think about the interview day I had and mini seminar I feel like it would be a better place for me. However I didn't have a history day at Nottingham, they only spoke about the foundation year which was weird. QM mental health/disability help is apparently good too and the one at Nottingham I've heard is pretty bad which doesn't sound great.

I picked Nottingham because I wanted to leave home and be somewhere new, along with liking the uni, but I also don't like the idea of spending more money on an extra year when I could start straight away. I also picked it because it had better employment opportunities than QM for my course.

I guess there are a few indirect questions here:
What's the transferring likelihood like?
Is the area okay to live in? I can't live at home.
What's the vibe of the school like? When I went it just reminded me of a collage and felt a bit, idk immature?
Is employment help good? For my course only 50% of those employed were in a professional job. I don't want to spend 50k to be back in my retail job.
What's the mental health/disability help like at the school? They said that getting a meeting with a councillor for example is pretty easy.

Thanks for any help, I don't have anyone to talk about this with so it's all kinda put on here haha
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending