mrbr2671999
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey everyone, I finally got myself a second part time job at Gregg's .

But I'm really confused. I have got the job at Blackpool, but my induction training is in Preston, is this normal?
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Out of interest, how did you get that job and how was the application process like
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mrbr2671999)

But I'm really confused. I have got the job at Blackpool, but my induction training is in Preston, is this normal?
Are they providing the transport or allowing you to claim back the costs?
Could be that they're training loads of people together and it was just easier to get them all in one place
mrbr2671999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blackstarr)
Out of interest, how did you get that job and how was the application process like
When I first applied I missed my interview slot, luckily they gave me a second chance and was interviewed two weeks later.

I was interviewed externally from the Gregg's store in question, at another Gregg's store close by. They started by asking really simple questions about why I want to work here, a time I worked in a team, how I overcame a challenge, a time I succeeded, the implications of being late to work.

We had a laugh at the interview because it was very informal and she said I'd be contacted in 5-7 days.

Today I got a phone call from the London HR department saying I got the job and told me my induction is on the 22nd June and I start on the 24th June. He said he'd send me an email about all the forms, which I am now waiting for :H
Rooster11366
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

It can be depends on how they do there training. They save money by you going to training staff. In set places around the country.
mrbr2671999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jackieox)
Are they providing the transport or allowing you to claim back the costs?
Could be that they're training loads of people together and it was just easier to get them all in one place
I won't know until I get an email about it, but I'm popping in to my store tomorrow to ask. Even so it's £7.20 for a return train ticketticket, but that explanation seems viable .
mrbr2671999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rooster11366)
It can be depends on how they do there training. They save money by you going to training staff. In set places around the country.
Yeah it makes sense given Preston the the centre of Lancashire and the north west
Blackstarr
Report 4 years ago
When I first applied I missed my interview slot, luckily they gave me a second chance and was interviewed two weeks later.

I was interviewed externally from the Gregg's store in question, at another Gregg's store close by. They started by asking really simple questions about why I want to work here, a time I worked in a team, how I overcame a challenge, a time I succeeded, the implications of being late to work.

We had a laugh at the interview because it was very informal and she said I'd be contacted in 5-7 days.

Today I got a phone call from the London HR department saying I got the job and told me my induction is on the 22nd June and I start on the 24th June. He said he'd send me an email about all the forms, which I am now waiting for
Congratulations and wow. I did not think the interview would be informal.
Blackstarr
Report 4 years ago

Today I got a phone call from the London HR department saying I got the job and told me my induction is on the 22nd June and I start on the 24th June. He said he'd send me an email about all the forms, which I am now waiting for
Btw, did you apply online or??
mrbr2671999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blackstarr)
Congratulations and wow. I did not think the interview would be informal.

We were just sat there drinking coffee, I didn't even feel like an interview. And yeah I applied online. If your looking for a job at Gregg's make an account on Gregg's family, it tells you all the recruitment opportunities in your area and it's pretty helpful.
Rooster11366
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah it makes sense given Preston the the centre of Lancashire and the north west
Never said anything about it making sense.

Said they are out to save money. Ie staff pay then fuel then food and sometimes rooms.
Oh yes don't forget training rooms sometimes.

Against travel arrangements for be a starters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (94)
27.89%
No (243)
72.11%

Watched Threads