Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are there any quickfire ways of getting a degree?

Like online degrees where you can work at your own pace? Even if you have to travel abroad for them or pay loads of money for them. I messed up 2 years of my current degree because it was the wrong degree for me. I've found another suitable degree but I don't wanna spend another 3 years doing it.
    I'm a good self learner so I can do without lectures so are there any places that just provide exams, anytime in the year? Obviously it would be better with lectures but if not then its not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    The Open University is one of the best routes I can imagine here (I know of several people doing degrees this way, self-taught from course material with the occasional meeting with a tutor).

You reminded me of the junk mail I get where you can buy a diploma...bad connection there...!

ReputationRep:
    I think Bolton to a fast track degree which you can complete in 2.5 years.

ReputationRep:
    Can you guys post some links to these places please?

I've heard of Open University. Anyone do it and how do you go about it? How much do they cost?

Remember I'm willing to go abroad for this (plus I get a good experience abroad! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crescendo)
    Try here

Edit: Any costs are shown as you select course details, there's a lot on offer and to many standards, it's well regarded, hope this helps m8

ReputationRep:
    ^ Thanks for the link. They say that the average time for getting a degree with them is 6 years! I'm looking for something a little quicker tbh.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Thanks for the link. They say that the average time for getting a degree with them is 6 years! I'm looking for something a little quicker tbh.
    I assume that depends on how fast you go through the course, remember that many people who do these courses are part timers who also have a full time job for example. You'll need to ask about this, good luck whatever you decide though (I don't know much about these courses unfortunately )

ReputationRep:

I've heard of Open University. Anyone do it and how do you go about it? How much do they cost?

Remember I'm willing to go abroad for this (plus I get a good experience abroad! )
    OU - My sister has managed to cut hers down to two years though by using previous units she had from her first degree - I don't know if you have any from yours?

ReputationRep:
    The OU is great! (Technically the best university in the country - but they don't put it in the league tables).

I wouldn't say that it was any faster than a normal degree, but you can work at the same time so you can get some experience to put on your CV / have a better lifestyle than most students.

ReputationRep:
    Buckingham University has quite a lot of two yar degrees.

ReputationRep:
    OU is not that recognisable for employers in my opinion. You find out about other decent universities that offer fast track degrees or online degrees.

ReputationRep:
    There must be some place out there that just offers exams? There might be some people who already have vast knowledge on the subject and wanna get straight to the exams and courseworks instead of all the lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    OU is not that recognisable for employers in my opinion. You find out about other decent universities that offer fast track degrees or online degrees.
    luckily employers think otherwise.

One of my friends did her degree with the OU, her husband was doing medicine at Oxford at the time and she had some of the same tutors as him.

To origional poster.

You said you'd mucked up your first two years, you must have some credits from them and these can probably be transfered to another uni whether that is the OU or another.

If a degree says it is 3 years it's worth asking if you can have direct entry onto the second or even third year.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.