?
Report 2 years ago
no im doing conservative..seriously idiots vote labour for a reason
HighOnGoofballs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Labours ideas are unrealistic and will simply end the country in crippling debt.

You cant please everyone, but obviously Labour didn't get the memo. Their manifesto is simply a Christmas wish list, nothing else.

How are they going to lower taxes, provide free university, create more jobs AND add even MORE money to the NHS?? By taxing rich corporations? Hilarious. Will Brexit looming over and financial security uncertain, why would any rich corporations stay in the UK especially now that Corbyn is going to increase their tax.

In a utopia, his ideas sound great, but he is not a realist.
Sanjith Hegde123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is very gcse related
tres1732
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
vote gween
Keques
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  1042.1063.large_.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  176.0 KB
lulno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HighOnGoofballs)
Labours ideas are unrealistic and will simply end the country in crippling debt.

You cant please everyone, but obviously Labour didn't get the memo. Their manifesto is simply a Christmas wish list, nothing else.

How are they going to lower taxes, provide free university, create more jobs AND add even MORE money to the NHS?? By taxing rich corporations? Hilarious. Will Brexit looming over and financial security uncertain, why would any rich corporations stay in the UK especially now that Corbyn is going to increase their tax.

It's almost like the country has a huge budget which can be split in many different ways.
tres1732
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Keques)
Name:  1042.1063.large_.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  176.0 KB
commie.
CabbageMan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You guys are all idiots. The Monster Raving Loony Party is the only clear choice.
HighOnGoofballs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lulno)
It's almost like the country has a huge budget which can be split in many different ways.
It's almost as if you have no idea how the budget allocations work. Want to increase NHS funding? How are you going to do that? Raise more money...ok, great how? Well, either cut funding from other sectors, or tax more? Ok great, lets tax the rich? But wait, theyll just all leave and then we'll be even more f**ked. Ok how about cut some other sectors? But then other people will complain. Well, back to square one...lets just fall back and not deliver any promises, or just tax the middle and lower class more...greatttttt

Corbyn has no plan, and no hard figures. Young people (like myself even) were/are simply enticed by his "too good to be true" promises.
lulno
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's almost as if you have no idea how the budget allocations work. Want to increase NHS funding? How are you going to do that? Raise more money...ok, great how? Well, either cut funding from other sectors, or tax more? Ok great, lets tax the rich? But wait, theyll just all leave and then we'll be even more f**ked. Ok how about cut some other sectors? But then other people will complain. Well, back to square one...lets just fall back and not deliver any promises, or just tax the middle and lower class more...greatttttt

Corbyn has no plan, and no hard figures. Young people (like myself even) were/are simply enticed by his "too good to be true" promises.
Saying "other people will complain" is not really an argument. You don't know where the cuts will come from.
CrucialTruth
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This isn't so much about Labour winning, as reducing the Conservative majority. I think it's fairly clear that Theresa May has the general support of the over 30's, i.e the largest voter group, and so will probably win, but the point of voting Labour or Lib Dem for that matter is to cut the Conservative majority, thereby preventing the Conservatives from steamrolling through a Hard Brexit and crippling the NHS and national security.
HighOnGoofballs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It damn well is an argument. Maybe 'complain' was too, 'laid back' - you're right. Lets try, 'be outraged' or 'riot' idk.

I mean, when 20000 police got cut, there was certainly outrage. I don't see how it's not an argument. Does public opinion not matter to you after a party has gotten elected?
Digital_King321
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by guccimane100)
no im doing conservative..seriously idiots vote labour for a reason
(Original post by highongoofballs)
labours ideas are unrealistic and will simply end the country in crippling debt.

You cant please everyone, but obviously labour didn't get the memo. Their manifesto is simply a christmas wish list, nothing else.

How are they going to lower taxes, provide free university, create more jobs and add even more money to the nhs?? By taxing rich corporations? Hilarious. Will brexit looming over and financial security uncertain, why would any rich corporations stay in the uk especially now that corbyn is going to increase their tax.

if you value your education you will not vote for the tories. They ruined gcse and a levels
HighOnGoofballs
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Digital_King321)
if you value your education you will not vote for the tories. They ruined gcse and a levels
Quite the opposite actually. And i never said i would vote tory.

Labour 'promises' to enable free university education. The money to pay for those is going to come out of our taxes. That's undeniable. The question remains as to whether it will increase out taxes, but at this stage it's hard to say...but the money to fund this, WILL come from our taxes.

I don't know about you, but i DON'T want my hard earned money to be spent on people:

1. Wanting to do s**t degrees at s**t universities and then not be employable, hence, not contribute back to society.

2. People who will inevitably to go to uni to 'party' and do f**k all.

Furthermore, guess what? Now that Medicine, Law, Dentistry etc, which are already as competitive as it is, are free, there will be a swarm of new applicants each year, making it even harder to get into good unis. So, yes, i value my education, and therefore, i would prefer to be able to get into good universities more easily without having to compete against more than i have to. Nor do I want my hard earned money to go towards funding people who will do nothing once they get out of university.

I prefer the idea of making certain, more respected degrees free, but again, the question of competition strikes up again.

Also, I hate tories. I prefer labour much more. But i hate the stigma that surrounds supporters that you have to agree with EVERYTHING that a party says if you support them. I would vote for Labour if i could, but does not mean i agree with everything that they propose.

ps: Sorry for any spelling mistakes. Im not re-reading anything.
guccimane100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol i may value education but i value my dads £8 million salary more, labour are envious of the rich and so are all voters
(Original post by Digital_King321)
PainDragon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Labour 'promises' to enable free university education. The money to pay for those is going to come out of our taxes. That's undeniable. The question remains as to whether it will increase out taxes, but at this stage it's hard to say...but the money to fund this, WILL come from our taxes.

I don't know about you, but i DON'T want my hard earned money to be spent on people:

1. Wanting to do s**t degrees at s**t universities and then not be employable, hence, not contribute back to society.

Furthermore, guess what? Now that Medicine, Law, Dentistry etc, which are already as competitive as it is, are free, there will be a swarm of new applicants each year, making it even harder to get into good unis. So, yes, i value my education, and therefore, i would prefer to be able to get into good universities more easily without having to compete against more than i have to. Nor do I want my hard earned money to go towards funding people who will do nothing once they get out of university.

I prefer the idea of making certain, more respected degrees free, but again, the question of competition strikes up again.

Also, I hate tories. I prefer labour much more. But i hate the stigma that surrounds supporters that you have to agree with EVERYTHING that a party says if you support them. I would vote for Labour if i could, but does not mean i agree with everything that they propose.

Then people have to be better. I'm applying for GEM as well as normal entry medicine next year once I've graduated from my MSci. The grades I received at school and hopefully will receive at the end of my degree will make me look good. But I doubt I'll be up against anymore riff raff than I would have if the Conservatives had won. Now it's all about entrance exams, interviews and experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tonedown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So little experience...
Digital_King321
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

lol tories will have already ruined gcse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.49%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (101)
55.49%
No (71)
39.01%

Watched Threads