The Student Room Group

Comment here if you are very good at Physics. :)

If you are very good at Physics and wouldn't mind me tagging you in future Physics (A-level) questions that I have, please leave a comment down below. :smile:
Are you just starting the course?
Feel kinda arrogant, but I'll be able to help in most cases. Esp. if AQA w/ Astrophysics.
Reply 3
Original post by LeCroissant
If you are very good at Physics and wouldn't mind me tagging you in future Physics (A-level) questions that I have, please leave a comment down below. :smile:

I already have several people who tag me in all their physics questions. Another one won't hurt :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you think you are clever, explain how an alpha particle is emitted from the centre of an unstable nuclei, when the alpha particle does not have enough energy to overcome the couloumb barrier.
Reply 5
Original post by Adam_1999
If you think you are clever, explain how an alpha particle is emitted from the centre of an unstable nuclei, when the alpha particle does not have enough energy to overcome the couloumb barrier.

Quantum tunnelling due to wave particle duality.

Two protons and two neutrons can bind together as a small cluster within a nucleus of a sufficiently large size. Because the binding energy of such a cluster is quite large compared to other types of proton-neutron clusters that can form, the cluster gains a kinetic energy equal to the binding energy of the cluster. This extra energy is enough for the alpha particle to to reach the Coulomb barrier but is insufficient for the particle to directly breach the barrier. However, due to the wavelike nature of particles it has a small chance of quantum tunnelling through the Coulomb barrier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
E=cm2?? Or E=m2c .. Einstein theory!?
Reply 7
Original post by Adam_1999

How did I do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ihatescales
Are you just starting the course?

No, my last exam is in 21 days :redface:.
But I'm going to be doing lots of past paper questions and will probably need help with lots of them.
Original post by Kyx
I already have several people who tag me in all their physics questions. Another one won't hurt :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, you'll only have to put up with it for 21 days anyway :smile:

Original post by britishtf2
Feel kinda arrogant, but I'll be able to help in most cases. Esp. if AQA w/ Astrophysics.

Thanks, that is the exact course I am doing :smile:
Yeah no problem. Getting a good grasp of the subject early on is essential for achieving the higher grades when it comes to the exam, so that you can nitpick all he details in between.
Reply 11
Original post by LeCroissant
Thank you, you'll only have to put up with it for 21 days anyway :smile:

Thanks, that is the exact course I am doing :smile:

As long as you post a picture of the question (screenshot) and not a link it should be fine. Links don't work very well on my phone :redface:

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kyx
As long as you post a picture of the question (screenshot) and not a link it should be fine. Links don't work very well on my phone :redface:

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not both? c:
Reply 13
Original post by britishtf2
Why not both? c:

Sure, why not :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest