Comment here if you are very good at Physics. :)

Watch
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If you are very good at Physics and wouldn't mind me tagging you in future Physics (A-level) questions that I have, please leave a comment down below.
Ihatescales
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you just starting the course?
britishtf2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Feel kinda arrogant, but I'll be able to help in most cases. Esp. if AQA w/ Astrophysics.
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LeCroissant)
If you are very good at Physics and wouldn't mind me tagging you in future Physics (A-level) questions that I have, please leave a comment down below.
I already have several people who tag me in all their physics questions. Another one won't hurt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Adam_1999
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you think you are clever, explain how an alpha particle is emitted from the centre of an unstable nuclei, when the alpha particle does not have enough energy to overcome the couloumb barrier.
Kyx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Adam_1999)
If you think you are clever, explain how an alpha particle is emitted from the centre of an unstable nuclei, when the alpha particle does not have enough energy to overcome the couloumb barrier.
Quantum tunnelling due to wave particle duality.

Two protons and two neutrons can bind together as a small cluster within a nucleus of a sufficiently large size. Because the binding energy of such a cluster is quite large compared to other types of proton-neutron clusters that can form, the cluster gains a kinetic energy equal to the binding energy of the cluster. This extra energy is enough for the alpha particle to to reach the Coulomb barrier but is insufficient for the particle to directly breach the barrier. However, due to the wavelike nature of particles it has a small chance of quantum tunnelling through the Coulomb barrier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Usernameee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
E=cm2?? Or E=m2c .. Einstein theory!?
Kyx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Adam_1999)
How did I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheAnxiousSloth
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ihatescales)
Are you just starting the course?
No, my last exam is in 21 days .
But I'm going to be doing lots of past paper questions and will probably need help with lots of them.
TheAnxiousSloth
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyx)
I already have several people who tag me in all their physics questions. Another one won't hurt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, you'll only have to put up with it for 21 days anyway

(Original post by britishtf2)
Feel kinda arrogant, but I'll be able to help in most cases. Esp. if AQA w/ Astrophysics.
Thanks, that is the exact course I am doing
Ihatescales
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah no problem. Getting a good grasp of the subject early on is essential for achieving the higher grades when it comes to the exam, so that you can nitpick all he details in between.
Kyx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LeCroissant)
Thank you, you'll only have to put up with it for 21 days anyway

Thanks, that is the exact course I am doing
As long as you post a picture of the question (screenshot) and not a link it should be fine. Links don't work very well on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
britishtf2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kyx)
As long as you post a picture of the question (screenshot) and not a link it should be fine. Links don't work very well on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not both? c:
Kyx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by britishtf2)
Why not both? c:
Sure, why not

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (27)
14.36%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (56)
29.79%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.89%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.3%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.66%

Watched Threads