The Student Room Group

B4 B5 B6 OCR 21st Century A 2017

Does anyone remember what the six mark questions were last year?
Reply 1
One was about someone called Paresh who wanted to grow tomatoes and there were graphs of pH and temperature (curves)- "Describe what conditions he should provide to grow his tomatoes. Use the information above and your biological knowledge in your answer. (B4)

The second one was about the life cycle of frogs, which had stages of development in it. "Three stages of the life cycle have been labelled A, B and C.
Identify the two stages at which cell division takes place. Describe the similarities and differences between the cell division at these two stages." where stage A was formation of gametes, stage B was formation of a zygote and stage C was life of a tadpole developing into a frog. (B5)

the final one showed an image of two motor neurons, one healthy and one with a thin myelin sheath "Use the diagrams to explain how multiple sclerosis changes the functioning of the motor neuron.Suggest what effect this will have on a person with multiple sclerosis." B6

what do you think would come up this year??
Reply 2
Last years 6 markers seem pretty decent - shame that means we'll probably have rubbish! I have a feeling it might be respiration, protein making and conditioned reflexes. Probably completely wrong though!
Original post by PCE2475
Last years 6 markers seem pretty decent - shame that means we'll probably have rubbish! I have a feeling it might be respiration, protein making and conditioned reflexes. Probably completely wrong though!

To be fair, the markschemes for protein making is always the same, so you just need to roughly remember the markscheme answers. I think it might be respiration too, as that hasn't come as a 6 marker for a while.

Quick Reply

Latest