Really want to get into child nursing, what are my options?

Watch
glamourprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi
I just taken my last maths gcse exam and already got my english and was doing preaccess course but dropped it because i had issues outside of college and only wanted to focus on the maths and then I decided later in the year to do on online access to nursing course by learn direct and passed five assignments but then failed the course because they wont let me resubmit after my second attempt and i have an retake test next week for the apprentice nursing assistant and was wondering would i be able to do an access course once i completed the apprenticeship and if i didnt get an apprenticeship is it neccessary to do preaccess course again then do the access to health then uni and one thing i am missing is my science gcse cus my local college has stopped offering gcse science and only offers biology and wondering will that be accepted by university or do i have to do an online igcse double science course then take the exam and was going to do health professions but its like 6000 for two years. should i do the apprenticeship then access course, the pre access then the access course then uni or online gcses and alevels including igcse science?
Please help
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by glamourprincess)
Hi
I just taken my last maths gcse exam and already got my english and was doing preaccess course but dropped it because i had issues outside of college and only wanted to focus on the maths and then I decided later in the year to do on online access to nursing course by learn direct and passed five assignments but then failed the course because they wont let me resubmit after my second attempt and i have an retake test next week for the apprentice nursing assistant and was wondering would i be able to do an access course once i completed the apprenticeship and if i didnt get an apprenticeship is it neccessary to do preaccess course again then do the access to health then uni and one thing i am missing is my science gcse cus my local college has stopped offering gcse science and only offers biology and wondering will that be accepted by university or do i have to do an online igcse double science course then take the exam and was going to do health professions but its like 6000 for two years. should i do the apprenticeship then access course, the pre access then the access course then uni or online gcses and alevels including igcse science?
Please help
This was quite difficult to make sense of...

If you are just missing a pass from your access course can you not speak to the course convenors and ask them about resits etc? You can't be the only one it has happened to.

With regards to your career pathway- I'd go for whatever you are accepted for. Apply for the apprenticeship and speak to the college to see if pre-access is necessary. Get both lined up in case one doesn't happen.
glamourprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hi friffinghell thanks for your reply i appreciate it and they wouldnt let me resubmitt because i already had a few resubmission for the study skills units which was quite unfair and i will try to get on the apprenticeship or pre access if possible
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi friffinghell thanks for your reply i appreciate it and they wouldnt let me resubmitt because i already had a few resubmission for the study skills units which was quite unfair and i will try to get on the apprenticeship or pre access if possible
If you think it's unfair you could always make a complaint. Just contact HR and get the complaints procedure. If it doesn't take long it's probably worth doing.

In any case- good luck with getting onto the apprenticeship or access. I'm a mature student as well and at this point I feel like another year or so makes no difference in the great scale of things. We'll get there eventually!
mel_l218
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi
Please help
Hi glamourprincess, you may be able to do an access course straight away without doing a pre-access course first. It's worth asking your local college.
As you would most likely be doing science as part of the access course at Level 3, that may mean you don't have to do the GCSE science, but check with the university you want to apply to to be sure.
Just to clarify, you have your GCSE English & your GCSE Maths?
How long is the nursing assistant apprenticeship? As you can gain experience in care for your application by volunteering or working a care assistant alongside an access course without having to do a nursing assistant apprenticeship.
I hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.83%
I'm not sure (16)
3.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (150)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.8%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.07%

Watched Threads