The Student Room Group

Can you help explain A Levels

So I will be taking my GCSEs next year and I just want to know about the most likely option after them. I know there are A, AS and A2 Levels but I don't really know the difference. Just some basic information about them would help.
Original post by Goldfish4343
So I will be taking my GCSEs next year and I just want to know about the most likely option after them. I know there are A, AS and A2 Levels but I don't really know the difference. Just some basic information about them would help.

A-levels is a blanket term for AS and A2, which are done in Year 12 and Year 13 respectively.

so if you're doing your AS levels, you're an A-level student, if you're doing A2 you're also an A-level student...

The jump up isn't massive from GCSE to AS as long as you work hard. And for a lot of subjects, the first year no longer counts towards your overall A-level grade, just helps your predictions.

It's also an opportunity to gain work exp during summer or a part time job, or go to a summer school during Y12 or a Nuffield placement if you like Science, or DofE, a load of things really.

And yes, it is possible to enjoy life!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest