Greta95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I'm from Italy and I will start a postgraduate Msc course in the UK in September 2017. I would like to apply for a Postgarduate Loan, and I would like to know:
1. how long can the repayment period be? is there any repayment deadline which indicates the period within which i have ti finish repaying it?
2. Am I in time to apply for a loan if my postgraduate course starts in september 2017?
Thanks
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Greta95,

In terms of repaying your Postgraduate Loan the repayment period will vary depending on however long it takes you to pay this back and this will be based on how much you earn. There is therefore not a repayment deadline, if you are in repayment and if you are earning over the threshold you would make payments towards your balance. If you earn under the threshold you wouldn't have to pay back anything.

Thresholds can vary depending on where you would be living if you are not in the UK after your finish your course. For more information about this you can call our ICR team on the following numbers -
Tel: 0300 100 0611
Overseas contact number :0044 141 243 3660

(Opening Hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday and between 9:00am and 4:00pm on Saturday) they will be able to answer any of your repayment queries.

You can apply now for the 17/18 academic year and can apply up to 9 months after the start of the academic year of your course. Applications can take around 6 weeks to process.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest