The Student Room Group

DSA- Form's confusing? Please help

Hi everyone,

Is anyone trying to fill in the DSA form 2017/2018?

I've got a question regarding the form itself. It states the university needs to complete a section. How can the university fill in the form when the 2017/2018 academic year hasn't started yet? I don't study at this university yet- I'm confused? Anyone had this problem?

I can see on the government website that you can only fill in the DSA form on paper, not online. Is this the same for everyone? Does that mean I have to submit my entire assessment report and study needs assessment? They're both very long.

Would be grateful for any advice!
I've filled the DSA form in but I don't remember anything about getting the Uni to fill anything in 🤔
Original post by Jessybear
I've filled the DSA form in but I don't remember anything about getting the Uni to fill anything in 🤔

I'm looking at the form now and it clearly says: 'Section 5 Your University or College' and then it states 'Please ask your university or college to complete this section'. Did you not fill this section in? It's page 11 of the form.
Original post by Eggs and Ham
I'm looking at the form now and it clearly says: 'Section 5 Your University or College' and then it states 'Please ask your university or college to complete this section'. Did you not fill this section in? It's page 11 of the form.

I think it'd be your a level college if it says that

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are applying for student finance also, you fill in the DSA slim form not the full one one which I believe you are referring to.
Original post by greenowl11
If you are applying for student finance also, you fill in the DSA slim form not the full one one which I believe you are referring to.

I'm going to be a post graduate starting MA. I simply went onto the govt site and it forwarded me onto the DSA form, there was no option for a 'slim' form. There was only 1 form, the full one for 17-18 year. Can you post a link if there's a different one?
I'm going to be a post graduate starting MA. I simply went onto the govt site and it forwarded me onto the DSA form, there was no option for a 'slim' form. There was only 1 form, the full one for 17-18 year. Can you post a link if there's a different one?

Sorry, thought you were an undergraduate. As a post graduate you would have to fill in the full form and get the uni to fill in section 5.

You can fill it in online, I have posted a link below

http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1718/ft/sfe_dsa1_form_1718_d.pdf

I would then send an email to the admissions department or disability department at the uni you are going to; there will still be people working over the summer and ask if they could fill in that section. Hope this helps.
Original post by greenowl11
Sorry, thought you were an undergraduate. As a post graduate you would have to fill in the full form and get the uni to fill in section 5.

You can fill it in online, I have posted a link below

http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1718/ft/sfe_dsa1_form_1718_d.pdf

I would then send an email to the admissions department or disability department at the uni you are going to; there will still be people working over the summer and ask if they could fill in that section. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this info. Is the form only available as a PDF (meaning I have to print off) not one I can submit online? Do I need to send in my Needs assessment and dyslexia report from.undergrad? All 3 forms include the DSA one is 84 pages long! Do they need the see absolutely everything?
You can fill it in on a computer though and then download and save it . That way you can get it all filled in before having to print and send it.

You only need supporting medical evidence so in your case I would say just the dyslexia report.
Thanks for this info. Is the form only available as a PDF (meaning I have to print off) not one I can submit online? Do I need to send in my Needs assessment and dyslexia report from.undergrad? All 3 forms include the DSA one is 84 pages long! Do they need the see absolutely everything?

They would have access to any previous reports from any needs assessments you've had done for DSA.

Quick Reply

Latest