paperboy1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just need some help breaking down my study process and some explaining as to why I got the grade I got, and to why my friends got higher scores than me with less studying. I'll break it down for you:

1) Chemistry final is in 5 days: Start reviewing (around 30 mins)
2) Chemistry final is in 4 days: Start going over all chapters, starting with the first four and reviewing all kinds of problems in it (around 60 mins or more)
3) Chemistry final is in 3 days: Start going over chapters 5-9, reviewing concepts of chapters 1-4, working on some previous quiz questions focusing on chapters 1-9 (90 mins or more)
4) Chemistry final is in 2 days: Start going over chapters 10-14, reviewing concepts of all previous chapters, working on previous quizzes and semester final studying and reviewing problems I got wrong (definitely over 2 hours, possibly 3 hours)
5) Chemistry final is the next day: Start going over final Chapter 15 and review all previous chapters, redoing problems from previous quizzes and the book (around 4 hours - 5 hours, I started around 7:30pm and ended some time around midnight)

The grade needed on the final to get an A in the class: 52/60
Amount of stress going into final (scale 1-10): 8 very nervous
My score: 45/60
Friend #1 score (stated they studied for only an hour or so the night before): 45/60
Friend #2 score (stated they studied only for two nights): 55/60
Friend #3 score (stated they crammed the night before): 52/60

This definitely frustrated the hell out of me. I just need an explanation as to why I received a poor score and why other people who put minimal to none effort into studying got higher or the same score as me. I don't know if I'm studying wrong or if I'm just an unintelligent guy. Can someone help me?
Wan Nor Aliza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by paperboy1)
I just need some help breaking down my study process and some explaining as to why I got the grade I got, and to why my friends got higher scores than me with less studying. I'll break it down for you:

1) Chemistry final is in 5 days: Start reviewing (around 30 mins)
2) Chemistry final is in 4 days: Start going over all chapters, starting with the first four and reviewing all kinds of problems in it (around 60 mins or more)
3) Chemistry final is in 3 days: Start going over chapters 5-9, reviewing concepts of chapters 1-4, working on some previous quiz questions focusing on chapters 1-9 (90 mins or more)
4) Chemistry final is in 2 days: Start going over chapters 10-14, reviewing concepts of all previous chapters, working on previous quizzes and semester final studying and reviewing problems I got wrong (definitely over 2 hours, possibly 3 hours)
5) Chemistry final is the next day: Start going over final Chapter 15 and review all previous chapters, redoing problems from previous quizzes and the book (around 4 hours - 5 hours, I started around 7:30pm and ended some time around midnight)

The grade needed on the final to get an A in the class: 52/60
Amount of stress going into final (scale 1-10): 8 very nervous
My score: 45/60
Friend #1 score (stated they studied for only an hour or so the night before): 45/60
Friend #2 score (stated they studied only for two nights): 55/60
Friend #3 score (stated they crammed the night before): 52/60

This definitely frustrated the hell out of me. I just need an explanation as to why I received a poor score and why other people who put minimal to none effort into studying got higher or the same score as me. I don't know if I'm studying wrong or if I'm just an unintelligent guy. Can someone help me?

I know its dissapointing when we felt the result not match our hard work. My suggestion is to study smart rather than study hard. Different people have different style of study. If you felt your current study style didnt give enough impact, try change it. It may take lots of try and error but once you find your way, it surely give you big impact. For me, in the beginning of my university life, I study alone most of the time with music accompany me. But then when I did study group, I felt thats not my way of study. So I abundant it and middle of my semester, I found my study soulmate where we match our study style. Then both of us always get better result. Better than when we study alone. I need one whole semester to find what is my study style to boost my gpa. Try it....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (13)
11.71%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (72)
64.86%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
12.61%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (10)
9.01%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
1.8%

Watched Threads