Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Invisible)
    Hehe, it's funny what people "state" when they feel intimidated about grades... (Some lie methinks)
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    hey i got an a for my stats so thats one down rest to do next year

ReputationRep:
    Lolz.. my lil bro's results aren't that great compared to some people on this thread. But he managed 8A*s and an A, so he's really happy with those.

I think he'll follow in my footsteps and do 6 A levels next year. Really pleased for him, because I was a stupid kid at GCSE and he beat me.

ReputationRep:
    magic, the terminal bit on the ocr maths result are the modules taken throughout the year. thats why it's listed underneath with the coursework results. well done though btw!

Every1 on here is mega clever or lying! lol! Makes my results look crap!

maths: A*
    Eng lang: A*
    Eng Lit: A
    Graphics: A
    Media: A
    French: A
    Science: A
    Science(double): A
    Music: B
    RS: B undefined

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SsEe)
    And how in god's name is it possible to get A*A*A* in english lang lit and maths?
    I got A*, A*, A* in Maths, Lang and Lit. How it is possible I am not quite sure. But the 40% coursework element of Language certainly helps.

People were asking how some people have got their marks. It is because Edexcel print the marks on the statement of results. In maths I got 580/600.

(Original post by samdavyson)
    I got A*, A*, A* in Maths, Lang and Lit. How it is possible I am not quite sure. But the 40% coursework element of Language certainly helps.

People were asking how some people have got their marks. It is because Edexcel print the marks on the statement of results. In maths I got 580/600.
    Hmm you dropped 20 UMS in maths

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get?
    English Language: [A]
    Speaking and listening: [A]
    English Literature: [A]
    Mathematics: [B]
    Please add the other GCSEs you took.

Double Science [A,A]
    Media Studies [A]
    Graphics [A]
    Stastics [B]
    Business [B]
    RS [B]
    Sitezenship [C]

GNVQ ICT [Merit]

What grades were you (seriously!) expecting?
    English Language: [B]
    Speaking and listening: [B]
    English Literature: [C]
    Mathematics: [A]

How happy are you with your results?
    Happy
    Reason: [ but i am seriously disappointed about my maths results as they are rubbish, i was 4 amrks off an A and i think it was down to my coursework as i only got 94/120 it was my damn teacher who didnt even look at it properly. im so pleased about the english though, in year 10 i didnt think that i could even get a C grade]

Do you have any plans to continue into further education? If so please list subjects:

A-Level
    [Maths]
    [Physics]
    [Biology]
    [Economics]

What are you plans after further education?
    I would like to be a [Stock trader or accountant], not too sure about Uni yet
    Any other comments?
    sooooo disappointed with my Maths and Stats but S**y happens, does anoyone know if i can retake them at college and how much it will be?

ReputationRep:
    well im happy with my grade that i got in english it might have took 3 attempts to pass it but i have done now. well i got C but in got told if i got 8 more points on the second paper i would have got a A. I couldn't get a hidgher grade as i was doing the foundation paper but i, happy i pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    well im happy with my grade that i got in english it might have took 3 attempts to pass it but i have done now. well i got C but in got told if i got 8 more points on the second paper i would have got a A. I couldn't get a hidgher grade as i was doing the foundation paper but i, happy i pass
    hey man it doesnt mattera anyhow, and there is not much point thinking about it so much, when i found out that i was 4 marks off an A in maths yesterday i was very annoyed and i wasnted to kill th teacher who undermarked my work, no offense but in english lit 8 marks can be a lot. well done anyway

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get?
    English Language: A*
    English Literature: A*
    History: A*
    Geography: A*
    French: A*
    German: A*
    Business Studies: A*
    Maths: A
    RE: A
    Science DA: A A
    Food Technology: A

I had hoped for an A* in Science, English Lit, French and German. Then I expected maybe 5 more As and the rest Bs. I wasn't really sure.

Did you get any other achievements today, for example a Top 5, highest in school etc.?

I got full marks in geography (gobsmacked!!!)

Very happy
    Reason: I worked hard and am pleased I have something to show for it.

Do you have any plans to continue into further education? If so please list subjects:

Biology: A Level
    Chemistry: A level
    Maths: A Level
    French: A level

Although maybe I should switch to some I got A*s in rather than As???

Not sure. Definitely going to university. Maybe to study medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics: A*
    Dual Award Science: A* A*
    Geography: A*
    French: A*
    History: A
    D & T: A
    ICT: A

A*, A's

Did you get any other achievements today, for example a Top 5, highest in school etc.?

Top 5 for English Lit

Very happy, because I thought I'd messed a couple up. I could have done better in history if I hadn't fluffed one of the q's.

Biology
    Chemistry
    Psychology
    English Literature

I would like to be a Doctor and I would like to study Medicine. Haven't fully decided the Uni's I'll apply to but think - Durham, St Andrew's for definite. Not sure about Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    mm a few prospective medics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Hehe, it's funny what people "state" when they feel intimidated about grades... (Some lie methinks)
    I hope so! Otherwise there are a lot of people out there cleverer than me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    mm a few prospective medics
    Which is why so many people have done so well. No-one with poor grades could seriously expect to pursue a career in medicine!!

ReputationRep:
    English Language: [A*]
    Speaking and listening: [A*]
    English Literature: [A*]
    Statistics: [A]
    Additonal Maths [C]
    Media Studies: [A]
    DA Science: [AA]
    French:[ B]
    Food Tech: [A]
    Drama: [A]
    RS: [B]

....I was predicted all B's, Science teach said he thought i was going to get CC...and i got 2 A*'S(TOTALLY UNEXPECTED) 7A'S, 3B's and a C

English Language: [A]
    Speaking and listening: [A*]
    English Literature: [C]
    Statistics: [B]
    Additonal Maths [E]
    Media Studies: [A]
    DA Science: [AA]
    French: [D]
    Drama: [A/A*]
    RS: [ANYTHING, WE WERE ENTERED FOR THE WRONG SLYABUS!]

Um best boy in year (got beaten by two girls! PAH!) and got interviewd by local radio, lol!

Very happy -
    Reason: A*'s in English & Lit - amazing, i really didnt expect at all - sounds like a silly thing to say, but im not actually that good at English - I am ok, and my SAT was level 6 (so not brilliant)... i was shaking when i realised! Silly really, im staying away from English at Sixth Form!
    A..B in French! WOW! lol, im really bad at it! YAAY

Maths
    Physics
    Politics
    Economics

I would like to study law
    Any other comments?
    WWWWWWOOOAHOO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikki J S)
    Which is why so many people have done so well. No-one with poor grades could seriously expect to pursue a career in medicine!!
    For medicine all that is required at GCSE level is about 10 GCSEs A-C with B or higher in english, science and maths. Prospective medics should not be discouraged if they lack the apparently necessary handful of A*s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trundle)
    What grades did you get?
    Double Science: [A*] [A*]
    French: [A]
    History: [A*]
    Geography: [A*]
    Religious Studies: [A*]
    Resistant Materials: [A*]

English Literature: [A]
    Mathematics: [C]
    Double Science: [A] [A]
    French: [B]
    History: [A*]
    Geography: [A*]
    Religious Studies: [A]
    Resistant Materials: [B]

Joint top individual results with my best friend

[Very happy]Reason: [Worked extremely hard and di a lot of revision]

[English Literature] [AS Level]
    [French] [AS Level]
    [History] [AS Level]
    [Drama] [AS Level]

I would like to be a/an [Barrister] and I would like to study [Law] at [Cambridge] University.

Any other comments?
    [I was really chuffed and I come on here and A/A* are like common practice! Well done everybody ]
    Ditto results!, except I got an extra B! whoops wrong screenname.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spy_Lord)
    What grades did you get?

English Language: A
    Mathematics: A*(last year)
    Double Science: A*/A*
    French: A* (can't believe it!)
    Business Studies: A*

Add Maths: A*
    ICT AS-Level: A

Mathematics: A*
    Double Science: A*/A*
    French: B/A
    Business Studies: A/A*

Add Maths: A*
    ICT AS-Level: B

Absolutely no idea because since I am away from the country at the moment, I got my results emailed to me. I don't think I got any of the above acheivements, they probably would have mentioned it.

Pretty happy

Reason: I'm not 'very happy' because I'm a little bit of a perfectionist and I know I only got an A in English Lang because I misread one of the 27 mark questions, and didn't notice until I checked through in the last five minutes. :mad:

But still, I can't believe the A* in French, even if I had a B on it I would have been happy .

Oh and finally, very very very satisfied about my Add maths, our teacher didn't have a maths degree, we didn't have enough maths lessons, we constantly came in afterschool and even sometimes on weekends to get through the syllabus. I put in more work there than for all the rest combined.

Maths AS
    F. Maths AS
    Physics AS
    Chem AS
    Econ AS
    Philosophy AS (compulsory in my school - at least it replaces Gen studs, which I've heard is, uhh, pretty boring . . )

I would like to do a degree in maths from oxbridge, or maybe something which combines economics and maths. Career? No idea.

Any other comments?

You want more than I've already typed? Ok: to everyone who did good, well done! To everyone who didn't, don't sweat it, **** happens, stay positive and give it your all in whatever you do next.
    Ditto results!, except i got an extra B.

ReputationRep:
    Shish u guys are hot!!!!!!!!!! A lot of ppl here with at least 7A*s.......makes my gcses look so average. Neways congrats every1!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW u defo don't need several A*s to get into med. The AS's are the most important thing, but obviously if u do have a fistfull of A*s it does help ur cause for places like oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get?
    Double Award Science: [A* A*]
    Mathematics: [A*]
    French: [A*]
    German: [A*]
    Chinese: [A*]
    Art and Design: [A*]
    Information Technology: [A*]

English Language: [A/A*]
    Double Award Science: [A* A*]
    English Literature: [A/A*]
    Mathematics: [A/A*]
    French: [A*]
    German: [A*]
    Chinese: [A*]
    Art and Design: [B/A/A*]
    Information Technology: [A*]

No idea yet, but frankly I don't care!
    Oh yeah, got an A for AS Chinese too.

Very very very very happy indeed, cried when I got my results so no-one knew if they were good or bad.
    Reason: I honestly didn't expect it, even though my family and friends wouldn't be surprised. That's the thing with my family, they think I don't need to work hard and get all A*s, and keep boasting about how they don't pressurise me. Truth is I pressurise myself, but definitely not too much! Hardly revised by the end of Easter, and thought I was crap at Art. Hated the Eng Lit exam about ranches, but still did strangely okay!

Cant be bothered with the rest, this still feels so unreal... But I'm not complaining!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.