The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info2

Poll

How did you find it?

Hey, just finished ICT exam info2 2017. Comment your thoughts on a couple of questions.

First one about ticking the privacy of social networking. (Components)

(20 marks) legislation of protect personal security data

Graphical user interface/menu interface/command

Can't remember the other questions but I look forward to knowing some of your thoughts.

Praying the grade boundaries are low.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I thought privacy levels and thought maybe its like access levels and chose software but i think it myt be procedures
Reply 2
Original post by Dragon5555
I thought privacy levels and thought maybe its like access levels and chose software but i think it myt be procedures

Oh I put procedures for that.
Original post by UnknownUKB
Hey, just finished ICT exam info2 2017. Comment your thoughts on a couple of questions.

Can't remember the other questions but I look forward to knowing some of your thoughts.

The questions on interfaces seemed fairly easy imo but the 20 marker ... For the 20 marker i wrote only about dpa and cma -_- i couldnt see how other acts i've learnt related to the question wbu
Reply 4
The questions on interfaces seemed fairly easy imo but the 20 marker ... For the 20 marker i wrote only about dpa and cma -_- i couldnt see how other acts i've learnt related to the question wbu

Yeah I also wrote about Dpa and CMA and also copyrights designs and patent act. But I'm not sure if that legislation was relevant.

After finding info really good I knew AQA were going to make info2 difficult
Reply 6
After finding info really good I knew AQA were going to make info2 difficult

Yeah same :frown: Just hope they lower the grade boundaries!
Yeah same :frown: Just hope they lower the grade boundaries!

Personal data is owned by an individual and then used by an organisation with permission - relates slightly to copyrights law but didnt mention it.

The question on continuous services being provided by social networking sites i only spoke about continuous backup to prevent them from not being able to process data etc wbu

The question on communication technologies i ended up writing about fingerprint scanners, text messaging, email, bluetooth (somehow) and i had no idea whether i was actually answering the question lol
Reply 9
The question on communication technologies i ended up writing about fingerprint scanners, text messaging, email, bluetooth (somehow) and i had no idea whether i was actually answering the question lol

That was the only question I was pretty clueless on, I wrote about GPS/Location services and what they provide lol. Probably wrong but I couldn't think of any other ideas in the moment.

Ha aha, I also wrote about Bluetooth and text message. I don't even know. It depends how they mark it. They way they worded the questions was strange!
Ha aha, I also wrote about Bluetooth and text message. I don't even know. It depends how they mark it. They way they worded the questions was strange!

The wording was disgusting lol. I thought did'nt anyone read the question before putting in ohr exam paper lol
Personal data is owned by an individual and then used by an organisation with permission - relates slightly to copyrights law but didnt mention it.

The question on continuous services being provided by social networking sites i only spoke about continuous backup to prevent them from not being able to process data etc wbu

Yeah I think I wrote along those lines. Can't really remember that question tbh
The wording was disgusting lol. I thought did'nt anyone read the question before putting in ohr exam paper lol

Ha aha tell me about it. I bet if they took the exam, they'd not understand what the hell to write. This mark scheme better consist of "give the student a mark for effort"
Ha aha tell me about it. I bet if they took the exam, they'd not understand what the hell to write. This mark scheme better consist of "give the student a mark for effort"

Either they mark with a less harsh/strict markscheme or we end up getting lower grade boundaries because of poor answers.
Reply 15
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like
Reply 16
That 10 marker put me off so much; because it asked for "modern technologies" I put stuff like you can use phone to read/scan qr codes, biometrics like finger print recognition to purchase stuff like on i tunes , Bluetooth , and health Apps can monitor steps etc , last Minuite I thought of Siri and wrote it but my writing was very messy so may not be readable. But all in all I think I did the whole question wrong 😢
Original post by Sana77
That 10 marker put me off so much; because it asked for "modern technologies" I put stuff like you can use phone to read/scan qr codes, biometrics like finger print recognition to purchase stuff like on i tunes , Bluetooth , and health Apps can monitor steps etc , last Minuite I thought of Siri and wrote it but my writing was very messy so may not be readable. But all in all I think I did the whole question wrong 😢

I have no idea what communication technologies even are! I wanted to cry when I saw that question :'D I guessed and put about wifi allowing internet connection for emails and www for social networking sites, bluetooth, satellite signals for calling, downloading applications like watsapp.

No idea really.
Reply 18
Original post by AutumnSummers
I have no idea what communication technologies even are! I wanted to cry when I saw that question :'D I guessed and put about wifi allowing internet connection for emails and www for social networking sites, bluetooth, satellite signals for calling, downloading applications like watsapp.

No idea really.

I was thinking of that but to me they didn't seem like "modern technologies" coz the example they gave seemed modern and to me SMS wasn't modern 😭😭 also hated the 12 marker
For the first question I put it was Procedures

20 marker I talked about Data Protection Act and Computer Misuse Act. Then I wasn't sure whether that would get 20 marks so went on about procedures in a company like always logging off when you leave a computer even though that wasn't in the question because I have no idea how they expected us to get 20 marks out of that!

12 marker on user interfaces was great I just described how each one worked then gave a benefit and limitation of each

I honestly can't remember any of the questions, some of them were on data threats and how to protect the network and transaction processing.

I think they were all pretty decent except for the 15 marker on communication technologies and 20 marker on legislation which I have no idea if I talked about the right things for.

Quick Reply

Latest