The Student Room Group

Ocr 2017 b2 c2 p2

How did everyone find it? I really liked it! Hopefully it has pulled my unit 1 grade up :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I liked it too! It was a decent paper, definitely better than Paper 1 and Section D was really nice! The 6 markers were beautiful.
Original post by voo
I liked it too! It was a decent paper, definitely better than Paper 1 and Section D was really nice! The 6 markers were beautiful.

Yes same!!

b2 six mark question- I put about it loosing its ecological niche after the fire (was addaptped to eat that tree) etc
c2- Wegner and evidance in 1960s
P2- landfill/mixed with sugar etc- underground then i talked about the dangerious of high radioactivie count, and about waste can make platonuim= nuclear bombs etc
Reply 3
Original post by danielfrost759
Yes same!!

b2 six mark question- I put about it loosing its ecological niche after the fire (was addaptped to eat that tree) etc
c2- Wegner and evidance in 1960s
P2- landfill/mixed with sugar etc- underground then i talked about the dangerious of high radioactivie count, and about waste can make platonuim= nuclear bombs etc

I had answers around the same lines. Honestly, I think paper 2 saved my grade. I'm hoping unit 3&4 run along the same lines! I'm kind of sad electrolysis did come up though, acids&bases was a surprise. I didn't really focus on that topic during revision :frown:
Reply 4
The paper was blessed
Original post by voo
I had answers around the same lines. Honestly, I think paper 2 saved my grade. I'm hoping unit 3&4 run along the same lines! I'm kind of sad electrolysis did come up though, acids&bases was a surprise. I didn't really focus on that topic during revision :frown:

I skipped the bit about acids lol. I put about wegners evidance and new evidance on sea floor in 1960s for the chem 6 mark question was this right?
Reply 6
I skipped the bit about acids lol. I put about wegners evidance and new evidance on sea floor in 1960s for the chem 6 mark question was this right?

I'm pretty sure since that's what I wrote too! You had to talk about Pangea and continental drift too I think.
Original post by voo
I'm pretty sure since that's what I wrote too! You had to talk about Pangea and continental drift too I think.

Okay great thanks. I really liked the last question on physics about transformers. I put use a transfeormer to increase voltage for the national grid but also decreases current so theres is less heat less= more money etc then i put that p=l2r in it too
Reply 8
Okay great thanks. I really liked the last question on physics about transformers. I put use a transfeormer to increase voltage for the national grid but also decreases current so theres is less heat less= more money etc then i put that p=l2r in it too
aha I forgot to mention heat loss! That question caught me out too but I should've gotten some marks. I padded my answers a bit too much.
Original post by voo
aha I forgot to mention heat loss! That question caught me out too but I should've gotten some marks. I padded my answers a bit too much.

did anyone else get a current of 2. something?

For that question about efficency= i said it was over becasue i took 7 off 12 or something to work out the output?
Reply 10
did anyone else get a current of 2. something?

For that question about efficency= i said it was over becasue i took 7 off 12 or something to work out the output?

I got 1.2A , 2A (fuse) & 5A

Yeah I got that too for the efficiency!
Original post by voo
I got 1.2A , 2A (fuse) & 5A

Yeah I got that too for the efficiency!

Great thanks sounds like we both did okay. I think i got 1.2 did you just do power/voltage? and i remember 2A and 5A were at the top of the box they gave you so i think i did it right!
Original post by sarahyi
The paper was blessed

Did anyone else get reproductive isolation? Or was it geographical isolation?
Reply 13
Great thanks sounds like we both did okay. I think i got 1.2 did you just do power/voltage? and i remember 2A and 5A were at the top of the box they gave you so i think i did it right!

Woo! Hopefully, unit 3&4 will be good too! Yeah I was a bit confused with the kJ but it looked most appropriate. Wahayyy

Edit: I got geographical isolation.
Reply 14

Sorry but your wrong it was 10 amps the answer
Reply 15

Wrong that is the development it was asking for the theory which is the 2 plates colliding
Reply 16
Did anyone else get reproductive isolation? Or was it geographical isolation?

Reproductive as this is when you can interbreed but not be able to produce an organism as it's an hybrid
Reply 17
Original post by matty250
Wrong that is the development it was asking for the theory which is the 2 plates colliding

^ How did you get the 10A?

And it isn't wrong - is it? The evidence of new sea floor spreading is a form of subduction. Plates collide in subduction, resulting in new rock.
Reply 18
you had to change the units and use the energy as joules not kilojoules and the time and seconds to get the power in watts then do 2300/230 which is 10 Amps and I know that it's not wegner development and theory because we have been through this and we are in the top 10 schools for science and I've learnt this syallbus inside out and I can tell you that it's theory of it e'g. Convection currents

Ahh okay got it. Well done :smile:
Reply 19
you had to change the units and use the energy as joules not kilojoules and the time and seconds to get the power in watts then do 2300/230 which is 10 Amps and I know that it's not wegner development and theory because we have been through this and we are in the top 10 schools for science and I've learnt this syallbus inside out and I can tell you that it's theory of it e'g. Convection currents

It is not 10A it is 0.6A as 276/2 the time is 138 then 138/230 the voltage gives you the current of 0.6A

Quick Reply

Latest