The Student Room Group

Would i still be able to get into the school i want to if i fail maths

I'm currently sitting my GCSE exams, and I can say every other subject but, maths is going amazing for me! I'm confident about all the subjects i'm taking: English, Citizenship, Psychology, Health and Social, RE. However, Maths has gone terrible! I want to get into a college, and do a levels: law, psychology and sociology, as citizenship and psychology is fairly similar to law and psychology and i'm very good at these subjects, I'm confidently i'll get very good grades in these exams. Will failing maths ruin the chance of me getting into this college? 'll happily resit maths next year If it will give me a chance to enter this college. The requirements was; 5 GCSE's including English and maths (i'm very confident about English too, it is only maths that is dragging me down!)
If you have any more maths exams study extra hard for them, and if you don't, put it out of your mind until results day - worrying won't help.
Aw I'm sorry to hear that!
TBH the don't look to kindly to grades below a C for maths at GCSE.
I think you should get a tutor, and revise maths 2H a day because even if you get into a college without a pass in maths- they will likely make you do GCSE maths alongside your A level studies. X
Original post by MunaLimbu
I'm currently sitting my GCSE exams, and I can say every other subject but, maths is going amazing for me! I'm confident about all the subjects i'm taking: English, Citizenship, Psychology, Health and Social, RE. However, Maths has gone terrible! I want to get into a college, and do a levels: law, psychology and sociology, as citizenship and psychology is fairly similar to law and psychology and i'm very good at these subjects, I'm confidently i'll get very good grades in these exams. Will failing maths ruin the chance of me getting into this college? 'll happily resit maths next year If it will give me a chance to enter this college. The requirements was; 5 GCSE's including English and maths (i'm very confident about English too, it is only maths that is dragging me down!)

You could still do all these A-levels as none of them require maths but will have to maths along side them.
Original post by MunaLimbu

Since none of your A-level choices require Maths you should be able to do those courses. However, you will be made to redo Maths if you don't get a good pass - this is frustrating and may mean you can't take as many courses as you'd like. Just do as well as you can and don't worry about it. One low grade doesn't have to spoil a set of good results.

Quick Reply

Latest