How did everyone find it??
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ddudderidge01)
How did everyone find it??
Found it easy, although 5bii (the plant in a plastic box) was tough. I said the rate would decrease because the insides of the box would be saturated, but other people talked about carbon dioxide.
ddudderidge01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by TheMindGarage)
Found it easy, although 5bii (the plant in a plastic box) was tough. I said the rate would decrease because the insides of the box would be saturated, but other people talked about carbon dioxide.
The question was about transpiration so I don't think CO2 would be right... I put there would be no wind so less evaporation from the leaves so slower rate of transpiration.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The question was about transpiration so I don't think CO2 would be right... I put there would be no wind so less evaporation from the leaves so slower rate of transpiration.
yes. the concentration gradient would get LESS steeper as time went on
ddudderidge01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Pretish)
yes. the concentration gradient would get LESS steeper as time went on
CO2 is to do with photosynthesis, not transpiration. Transpiration is the evaporation of water from the leaves of plants.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
CO2 is to do with photosynthesis, not transpiration. Transpiration is the evaporation of water from the leaves of plants.
ik. as time went on, the concentration of water molecules would increase as the glass prevents them from escaping. hence the rate is slower.
Mystery Panda
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I found paper 1 easiest, paper 2 was OK not the worst but it was challenging, and then the 3rd paper I had no idea I probably received an F for that paper I did not understand anything! ;(
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think some people did mention wind.

The carbon dioxide was because of stomata opening or closing. I did think about that but I couldn't figure out which way it would go (would they open to allow more carbon dioxide in or would they close to slow photosynthesis). I just decided not to write about it - I stuck with water.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (229)
59.95%
No (153)
40.05%

Watched Threads